Portable speakers blaring at tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
The other AC brings one and it drives me nuts. I let it stay on until practice time officially starts then kill it. Although I would take them over cheers.

Feb 7, 2013
One all-star season, right before every game one of the coaches played the intro to Motley Crue's "Kick Start My Heart". If nothing else, it got the coaches fired up!

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
...as guys rapping about hos and making it rain and all sorts of stuff doesn't belong at the ball field...

"Make it rain" is bad?

EDIT - OK, it is kinda bad. I had no idea. Crap. I just sort of thought it was nothing more than a reference to rich guys throwing money around. Damn - my rec team is sponsored by Huntington Bank, and they named themselves the Greenbacks, and we do a "make it rain!" cheer after games. Crap.

Last edited:

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
We used it when we were a 12U B-level team, but when we moved up to 14U and started playing A-level TB the number of teams using them diminished significantly, so I started leaving it at home.

This was my experience exactly.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
They don't bother me, and the kids love it, it gets them pumped up. Our team doesn't bring one to games, but they play music at practice. As long as you have some common sense and respect for people around you I say let the music play on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 24, 2014
Michigan
The music doesn't bother me or seem to bother anyone around us. Typically unless you are really listening, I don't think you can hear it meaning it's not very loud. Done tastefully and respectfully I think it's ok. Like some of you have said though, I'm not ok with extremely suggestive music or blaring it throughout the ball park.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619