Portable speakers blaring at tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
So it sounds like the generation that gave us Five Man Electric Band and the generational anthem "Signs" have officially became the people that they sang about
my how perceptions change with age
I say it is supposed to be fun leave those kids alone and let them be kids

Get off my lawn hippy

Nov 15, 2013
My Girl's Golf Team was treated by a bunch of knuckleheads who were playing their jams on the course. I'd guess you could only hear it a town or two away.

SQZ82eP.gif

Aug 6, 2013
As long as the music is not "blaring" and is at a reasonable level to allow the girls to listen and enjoy while warming up between games then I don't think it is too much of a problem. Music has been know to be relaxing and prompt the release of "feel good endorphins" in people. Why not utilize that as a way to loosen up your team - maybe they will play a little better than if they are running through warm-ups like a military squad?

As far as the lyrics go, your dd's are listening to this on the radio and probably searching the unedited versions on YouTube (with the lovely videos to watch as well). If you are that worried about the lyrics I would suggest to ban the radio all together because 75% of the songs out there now are about sex or drugs, or dancing on poles or being "ho's". I have even heard some teams turn questionable lyric songs into dugout cheers - think Sir Mix-a-lot's classic "I Like Big Butts"......

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
So it sounds like the generation that gave us Five Man Electric Band and the generational anthem "Signs" have officially became the people that they sang about
my how perceptions change with age
I say it is supposed to be fun leave those kids alone and let them be kids

One of my favorite songs.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
There is a time and a place for such shenanigans. What you do at your practice is up to you, but it has no place at a tournament. Show some self restraint and respect for others that are currently playing.

What's that you're saying dude? You gotta yell a little louder so we can hear you over the music. Oh, got it now. we can play your Aretha Franklin request after the next song.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619