Poll: B team playing some innings or C team playing every inning?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Better to be on B or C team?

• Total voters
Jan 31, 2015
What is so great about this B team that you would consider it? Is it because it's B? As a first year 12U player that wants to pitch you need to be on a team that will give you PITCHES. I wouldn't even worry about playing time at position 2 or 3 but just the primary. My DD is a catcher we don't look at teams that need a 3B but are full at C.

My DD played on C teams early on in 12U because pitching was not as good and catchers learn faster from bad pitching IMO. I would say pitchers learn faster with bad D and little to no offense as they are required to throw more pitches. Innings don't matter if you're only throwing 3 pitches a batter. This is about PITCHING experience so the more pitches she throws the better she will get.

Several factors. #1 Her pitching coach is the B team's pitching coach. #2 Last year our 10U team played lots of games w/ only 8 players which we don't want to repeat this season. #3. B level play is definitely much better than C and she would face much tougher batters.

That said, you make good points. Thanks!

Jan 31, 2015
The C level here is so low, I would not want my child on that level of team; the coaching is not there, and the skills and proficiency are not demonstrated. Kids are visual learners and need someone to emulate. I thought we were for hard work not guaranteed positions. If your kid is new to softball, try the C.

Now, I understand wanting to play JV in HS, being that it is only a few weeks and for the school, but you pay for that level when your kid is higher than that level?

Agree that B level is much better coaching and competition. She's been playing since rec clinic for 4 years and pitching for the last 2 and last year for 10U C club team. The main factor is pitching innings.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
If this is 12U or under... C Team where circle time is maximized. No More than 3 pitchers with 2 leads on even a B level team.
Also, a B level team with 12-13 players is not a team I would play on either. A level is where this makes sense. Because at that level
expectations are VERY different. It is ALL about competition for roles and playing A LOT thus the need to sit pitchers and catchers when not pitching or catching, etc...

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The real question is how many innings on a B team...If she is playing 66% of the time, I would go with the B team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00