Pitching Instruction

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2009
I don't think the whip is hard at all. So go for it BM and make it sound like you are the savior and expert on it.

I asked if you were ever a pitcher and you never answered so I guess that means NO.

Jul 14, 2008
I don't think the whip is hard at all. So go for it BM and make it sound like you are the savior and expert on it.

I don't need to "go for it" Screwball..........I already have.......It's all right here.......On this forum........Both in writing AND on film..........And if someone wants to know more......They'll ask.........As hundreds have already.......

I asked if you were ever a pitcher and you never answered so I guess that means NO.

I was on the pitchers plate when you were just a twinkle in your mothers eye...........I told you that.......Others have told you that......You JUST DIDN'T HEAR IT (read it).........Because of your disability........

I don't know about Phil, but BoardMember pitched competitively at a pretty high level for quite a few years.

And, I do use the Hansen principle, and I see the top college women doing what BoardMember says. That's my opinion.

And who the heck are you?.......I've never seen you pitch.......I've never seen you throw a softball........I've never seen a student of yours.........All of which I've made VERY PUBLIC......

I read your posts.......And your advise.......And I just shake my head and laugh out loud sometimes.......No.....MOST of the time...........It's like you make stuff up as you go........

"Don't do the 3:00 drill because it's hard to control........Do the triple arm circle drill, but you can't care where it goes".........HUH?????

You talk about wear and tear on the shoulder complex........Triple circle drills are a sure thing.......Great advise........

Get out your I-phone or vid-cam and show me something besides what a smartalec, snarky young lady you are......

Apr 27, 2009
You have no idea how old I am. And you attack everyone who disagrees with you. Oh I know, you get in a fight with almost everyone who does not worship you.

Sorry for not knowing you were a 'star' (in men's fp which is basically non-existent) you write like someone who has no natural ability or who has forgotten how to pitch. You certainly make it a chore and to me you have lost touch with how young kids learn.

I am no longer answering or reading anything related to you. Not worth the bashing.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
FrozenRope here is FastBack, and some bunting practice. Nobody better say one thing about my pitching... LOL It is supposed the be a melody of what DD sees in real games.

This gets alot closer to realistic when we have a catcher, and I don't.... not have to catch the ball. This might give you a some insights on how you'll need to develop follow thru. When DD can hit the first Spot, (strike across the plate) 80% of the time, and she is doing it in real games, You'll find your self wanting to say, "You can't keep putting it across the plate, quit throwing them meatballs") This is why Spin is next...reason being that it is going to take You a long time to get where you can throw it back to her glove at chest level. If you have'nt been making every throw back to her underhanded. So You'll need to start with grounders. http://www.youtube.com/my_videos
If you go the speed route, Where will you find the catchers? I liked your OP with the premiss of videoing your DD's progress. Here is DD @ 2nd grade playing with 5 graders, here is where we started.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbj4NpMCqec
Their game plan is don't throw it to the catcher, throw it back to the pitcher, give up the run ??? I was able to set the stage for this video, by getting to games 30 min early, and throwing the ball to DD from second to her at the plate.... I would not yield the diamond until the appointed time, and show cased DD to the older girls. It was just a matter of who wanted to be in a video, making a double play. Sorry that I didn't get a better shot of the girl making the throw. I will admit that my only focus is only on DD. I don't have the ener-chi to coach a team. My goal was for DD to be catcher. The next year I was sick after I got her on a team that coach's dd was a catcher, but they needed 2 more pitchers, and ask openly who wanted to tryout, of course DD raised her hand of her own volition, as I turned and jogged back to DM to state, "I don't Have the time or enter-chi or even want to learn pitching" Well you know the story Mommy knows best...LOL DD became a pitching sensation, leading the league in K'sx2 only pitching 2 innings. They waived the rule of only 4th graders getting to pitch, because she had played up the year before. But she got invited to catch the league flamethrower. Here is what they said "Nobody else can catch her" Won't post thoses, until I learn to use the blur tool. That will be one big blure. Anyways unbeknowing to me, all the TB coaches in the local org. had been invited to see a 45-50 ???mph pitcher, only 9yr.old. the shorten the story...DD caught 3 grueling innings, ( another trick...save the UMPS butt 100 times, and you'll get some good calls...LOL especially when they don't wear full armor for 9yr. old games on a blistering hot days) score 12-2...the six run inning stopper was in effect. DD comes in, they win 13-12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDjqzFeV-sc

My concept starts with... a batter is catching the ball... with the bat.
Also I went to my pocket video camera, because the big one is set up back at the house in the squirrel blind. I made a holster out of a old cell phone holder that will clip to the fence. Needs more work as it some times interferes with the lenses coming out. Missed my best clip this year because of it. I was at a game were a pitcher survived 3 come-backers in a row.

>I share you position that you can be taught on the internet. Or this would only need to be a list board for phone#s
>You MUST be in touch with the age you are teaching...and relevant by being able to invent on your own stuff, tailored to focused needs
>The camera is your only real tool.
>a pitcher has to be able to throw the ball overhand before underhand....they are the same!
>a pitcher has to be able to Field the position!

Since you have proven that you can, face the fire on here, let me venture in the context and flavor that you subscribe to...

"Quite trying to be the architect, and wasting your time watching something 101 times, and spending time defending or diluting "gifts" as thought you could understand it. Get on a lower bucket, until you can find the child's chair and throw it back underhand, if you haven't been confused to what underhand even means now"... I know you won't take offense to that. Do you like shock jocks too ??? Your confession of not knowing anything, (in my eyes) is similar to just commenting in on something with out reading the context...I'm starting to see some mindset linkage.

Here's a couple pics... one is my new avatar I'm working on...I don't want to continue cast my reflection on two awesome programs...the other is a inside view of my bucket :{))
IMG_1130.jpgIMG_1132.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
PC, maybe you should post videos about bunting on the hitting forum.

Thankz for your suggestion, It falls in with being able to field the position... I thought, as that came into play of the context of this entire context.... are you abreast?

Looks like it cleared the moderator.... are wanting to be one ???? Be back after church :{))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck