Who catches pitching lessons?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Very rarely does my daughter's pitching coach catch her for a lesson. 90% of the time I catch for my daughter, the other 10% of the time it is my son or the catcher from her high school team.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Very rarely does my daughter's pitching coach catch her for a lesson. 90% of the time I catch for my daughter, the other 10% of the time it is my son or the catcher from her high school team.
We're making to trek out to see Jon in a few weeks. We have almost 6 hours scheduled. I hope he doesn't want me to catch that entire time. I can handle an hour, but there's no way I could do six in two days.

Sep 19, 2018
PC will and has caught for my dd. But I do it 95% of the time. She spends most of her time next to / behind my dd. Uses video to show dd what she is / is not doing. Starting this past fall she started spending time behind me like an ump.

Sep 19, 2018
We're making to trek out to see Jon in a few weeks. We have almost 6 hours scheduled. I hope he doesn't want me to catch that entire time. I can handle an hour, but there's no way I could do six in two days.
You’ve got a couple of weeks, start hitting the gym!!!! Are you comfortable with one knee down? I find my shoulder goes before my legs do.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Jonathan might be able to find you catcher for some of the time slots if you ask. Not sure what the going rate is for a catcher but he usually has a few girls that are nearby. Jonathan could also catch some. During a one hour lesson I would say I am catching for my daughter for less than a 1/2 hour. They spend a good amount of time throwing into a tarp.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Jonathan might be able to find you catcher for some of the time slots if you ask. Not sure what the going rate is for a catcher but he usually has a few girls that are nearby. Jonathan could also catch some. During a one hour lesson I would say I am catching for my daughter for less than a 1/2 hour. They spend a good amount of time throwing into a tarp.
I hope so. I don't feel like lugging my catchers gear on the plane with me.

Apr 28, 2014
When DD went to Maddie Penta's mother for lessons she would catch her. I offered many times and she declined. Said she needed to see the spin and feel the velocity.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619