My weekend warriors - it's Friday check in !

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
After a day shopping with the wife, then she took me by her friends to see their new baby ( for freaking 2 hours ), now she wants to go to the movies. Love you hunny, but I need some field dirt under my nails, the sound of gloves popping, girls out of breath from running, the crack of a bat, umpire making a stupid call, getting tossed to the parking lot, ballpark nachos. Not sure how long I'm going to make it idle, I'm miserable.

Adopt a team and borrow a different player each weekend! You could probably make hot dog money giving each family a one weekend/season break from the ballpark!

ETA - Sorry you had a bad day!

Jan 23, 2014
Dd10 playing in fall state this wknd. They are going into bracket #1 seed so our game isn't until noon! Makes for a happy mom:) Single elimination in a smaller tournament so if they win it puts them into the championship.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Homecoming drama report:
After a fair bit of kicking, screaming, hair tearing, crying, pouting and name calling, the mom's managed to put their dysfunctions aside and let the kids have a good time.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
Two former players of mine went to semi finals today. ..one got run ruled...one went universal tie breaker and lost after being up 4 runs in the tie breaker. PROUD of both of them but thinking what might have been if a former assistant coach wasn't concerned about having a relationship with a player and would have been more concerned about helping the girls. Oh well whatcha going to do...my former players did well and I will support them to 100%

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD is spending her second weekend in a row as playing as a guest player in a tournament all day Saturday. If we get done early enough, she may play the second (of a double header) with her fall ball team Saturday night - but it is not looking like we are going to make that one.

Nearly a four hour drive one way but worth the expense for her to play - I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

I got to watch the DD hit one waaaayyyyy out. It was a beautiful thing!!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild