Mizzou's Paige Lowery just got hit by a line drive.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My dd averaged hitting 4 pitchers per year. Her junior year, she hit four where each was removed from the game. It is such a scary thing to see. I mentioned once here that she also hit her share of 3rd basemen. In one game, a new coach tried to have a third baseman move in on dd even though dd had hit this girl in the face the year before and the girl lost a significant part of the season. That girl refused and got into an argument with her new coach. None of us should ever be critical of any young lady wanting to wear a mask. JMHO!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
8u DD was playing 3rd. Batter hit it off the fence her 1st at bat.

HC told her to move in to protect against the bunt? I wanted her to move into the OF grass.

May 30, 2014
Oregon
I was at the game. Nobody expected her to come back. She was up 7-0 in the 4th and had just owned the Oregon hitters. After she came back she gave up some walks, the ducks batted around and scored 6 on her. Tough kid, but she didn't seem the same as before she got hit. Heard second hand from some parents that had spoken with her father that it was a glancing blow and a cut that probably isn't deep enough to require stitches. Good outcome from a scary situation.

For what it's worth, the Ducks freshman pitcher Megan Kleist wears a mask in the circle. I think she's the first Mike White pitcher i've seen wearing one.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I'm all for wood bats.

The notion of subsidizing a weak swing with these ultra-light bats, that are the equivalent of a high-tech weapon, is questionable.

For boys we see some semblance of the subsidy coming to an end as they reach HS age. Do the same for females.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I'm all for wood bats.

The notion of subsidizing a weak swing with these ultra-light bats, that are the equivalent of a high-tech weapon, is questionable.

For boys we see some semblance of the subsidy coming to an end as they reach HS age. Do the same for females.

That will get the tree huggers knotted up. :) While the sweet spots are significantly bigger with the composites, they are no hotter than a quality wood bat. To me changing the ball seems to make more sense.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
what happened with the slow pitch ball experiment in florida?

Epic fail. They went back to the old ball. It was fine for the younger ages but in 14U and up not so much. Kids need to learn to play defense, not leave it fat and if the want they can wear a mask. Obviously the stigma is a non-factor so no more excuses. :)

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
That will get the tree huggers knotted up. :) While the sweet spots are significantly bigger with the composites, they are no hotter than a quality wood bat. To me changing the ball seems to make more sense.

BBS-Freq.jpg

http://www.acs.psu.edu/drussell/bats/compalum.html

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321