Michigan shortstop

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2008
SE Michigan
She gets a lot of pop out of that coil.

Sierra%20Romero.gif

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I saw a couple of Michigan games on tv last spring and was like WOW! I figured she would be all over the model swings thread on here.

...checking through big ten network highlights in youtube right now. Everything I am seeing is before Sierra. This looks interesting though. I have commented before that I don't know what they are doing at Michigan, but they have several girls with nice swings.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
358sx2h.jpg

iqwl5y.jpg

Bama.gif

(Just what is going through my mind as I am going through the model swings now....look at hitter's back side, front pocket areas....who's look like they get snapped forward? Who's look like they get pushed forward slowly?)

You see many softball girls get some hip coil, some pretty good, some just ok, but you never hear their college coaches talk about it. Do they come to the school with it? Are the true mechs just talked about in private? Does it come about by accident?

FFS, you want to team up and start a touring softball hitting clinic?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2010
RH,

It's my opinion that coaches don't want to talk about it because they feel their teachings of the coil are what seperates them from others. I've been to numerous clinincs and they only speak about the obvious stuff, the RVP ques so to speak.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Just spoke to a HC at a college near me. DD uses their field house for indoor practices. Tried to talk hitting with him. Dismissed me off as a 'dumb dad'. When I asked him what they teach about coil, elbow ect... Here is some of his comments they don't want the girls to coil or a use a high elbow. I asked him why? He said that the pitching was too fast and the girls don't have time to coil/negitive move and be able to hit the ball. His team has their back elbow down again he said a hitter doesn't have time to swing against fast pitching with the elbow up. We 'discussed' some more and I tried to tell him he may be alittle incorrect. He then asked for my e-mail and said he would send me what he has his team watch and practice. He wasn't kidding about his beliefs. I e-mailed him back saying I wouldn't show these videos to my DD nor practice what was demoed in the video. I then sent him gifs of hitters coiling,elbows up and 'turning the barrel'. He e-mailed me back and said that our terminology was different but, we were saying the same thing. I disagreed with him again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd