Need Advice on Best Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2023
What's her primary position? If SS it sounds to me like a two different glove situation! At 15 is around the age our travel girls started using two different gloves for infield & outfield.

12" is the absolute maximum size for infield...look at a Don Morton Pro1000!
12.5" is the minimum for outfield.

Do yourself and your daughter a favor, get her a baseball glove!
What baseball glove do you recommend for 12.5" outfield, easy break in, soft leather, good pocket and light?

Feb 20, 2023
Yes, primarily we are looking for an easier break in, quicker use but also a little more impact resistance. The Wilson A2000 spin control glove she has is very hard and thin in the pocket and hard hit balls tends to sting. Why so adament about going with a baseball glove other then more options to choose from?
None really, sorry.
Why the obsession with soft leather….easier break in, that’s it?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yes, primarily we are looking for an easier break in, quicker use but also a little more impact resistance. The Wilson A2000 spin control glove she has is very hard and thin in the pocket and hard hit balls tends to sting. Why so adament about going with a baseball glove other then more options to choose from?
Post #2.
Line #2.

Not trying to be difficult, there’s massive amounts of information here to read through.

Feb 20, 2023
Post #2.
Line #2.

Not trying to be difficult, there’s massive amounts of information here to read through.
Just was trying to get feedback on the gloves I listed in my original post if anyone was familiar. I understand what you are saying about baseball gloves, but there are almost too many options to consider making the decision hard to discern from what is worth the money or not. If a baseball glove is the way to go, was hoping to get a recommendation that's all.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Just was trying to get feedback on the gloves I listed in my original post if anyone was familiar. I understand what you are saying about baseball gloves, but there are almost too many options to consider making the decision hard to discern from what is worth the money or not. If a baseball glove is the way to go, was hoping to get a recommendation that's all.
Let me get back to work and I’ll go through your list, if I don’t get hammered when I get back….

Nov 3, 2022
better gloves like HoH or A2000 take a very long time to break in, like 6 months of pretty active work. pound it with a mallet or dumbbell all over, but mostly the heel/hinges and pocket. do not try to squeeze the glove, it will create a bubble in the middle of the pocket. break down the leather properly and it will close eventually.

i would keep the Sierra Romero for SS, work it in properly but get a 12.5" Liberty, R9, A1000 or something else less expensive for the outfield. it will break in more quickly so she can use it.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The Liberty Advanced is a lower model than the HOH. It will break in much quicker, but it won't last as long. You need to take care of it and tighten the laces frequently, or it will get floppy.

If you need one broken in fast, go with the LA. If you're willing to take some time, go with a 12.5 HOH for the OF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad