Memorial Day Friday Check in 5/27/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
No sports this weekend, but some of my kids have a lot to do.

I drove to Milwaukee yesterday to pick up DS from the dorm. His team has today and tomorrow off, then tomorrow he takes a bus back to Milwaukee to start practicing rowing again Monday morning. He will stay with a teammate, then rowing nationals start Friday. He plans to visit his old HS club this morning.

DD 1 is taking some college placement exams this morning. Tomorrow she volunteers at a weird Madison event, the Brat Fest. They sell a few hundred thousand brats (sausages, not annoying kids) over the weekend with live bands and carnival rides. Raises $ for charity.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
We have the weekend off so will rest up. Hope to watch some Super Regional games and get some things done around the house.

Oct 10, 2011
1st Memorial weekend off from softball in years.. Most of DDs TB team were in the state championship game (& won) so we are just going to practice with her old teammate who's home from college... I still wish we were playing this weekend !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Well...we played our first tournament this weekend as a team with only two practices and none were with every teammember since HS ball was still going on through Thursday. We did decent in pool play and ended up as the number 2 seed overall. In bracket play, we ended up winning all the way through, beating the one team that beat us in pool play in the championship game by run rule and took the big trophy home. It wasn't a large prestigious tournament or anything, but it was a good start and warm-up for the upcoming season.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
We have family in for the weekend. I have family in from Florida (I was supposed to fly back to Florida with them Wednesday), Texas, California, The United Kingdom and Delaware. We're taking them to a Phillies game Tuesday against the Nationals. We had them to the Phillies game against the Tigers Wednesday. Weve been hanging around the house, swimming in the pool and setting off fireworks every evening. We've been going to my sister's softball practices on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (our school year ended Thursday). We're doing a big BBQ with the family tomorrow and I have my next doctor's appointment, Wednesday of next week. Hoping all goes well.

Sep 25, 2014
Massachusetts
First TB tournament of the season. Greenfield Girls Softball Memorial Day Bash

We won, went undefeated 6-0 for the weekend and took 1st place! The best part was a come from behind win in the semi-finals against a team who had only lost three games in the past two seasons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA