Making the Move to 10u! Finally!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
At that age I agree that pidgeonholing kids into a position is unnecessary but it is possible that the HC's kid is actually pretty good..no? Labeling something Daddy ball without seeing the actual players involved is probably not the wisest of moves..

at 10u, I do not care how good a player is, you need to provide others some opportunities as well. limiting the pitchers to only OF or bench when they are not pitching (do they still hit?) is a way of avoiding contreversy when they outperform HC or ACs kids, as at that age, the pitchers much of the time are the more athletic kids.

May 21, 2015
South
At 10U, 11 is the best number for the roster. 13 creates too many on the bench and there will be problems. If a couple girls can't make a tournament, a coach can always find a player or 2 for the weekend.

Mar 6, 2016
So...this is 10u...and REC ball or Club or Travel Ball? And the HC is already limiting where girls play? Does she even get reps at multiple positions OF/IF during the practices? Or is the HC even limiting reps there as well?

THEY ARE TEN YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!! WTH is wrong with people "chosen" to coach or end up being the HCs??? ALL girls should get reps at multiple spots.

Say "Adios!" to that team, please. You'd be better off taking your DD down to the fields on your own and hitting her ground balls, pitching, hitting, fly balls, etc. You'd get more reps and improve more than it sounds like you would with that team and HC.

Blows my mind that girls at 10 yrs old are being slotted for specific positions already.

Jun 8, 2016
at 10u, I do not care how good a player is, you need to provide others some opportunities as well.
I said that but just assuming that the HC kid is not good as he thinks she is without seeing the kid isn't fair either..

Jun 8, 2016
Struck out 14 of 20 at bats one weekend with her own daddy pitching to her and stayed in the top of the lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah well you didn't give that information before did you? I played SS and pitched when I was 9-12 YO in LL and my father was the coach..nobody was accusing him of Daddy ball if they watched the games.

Jul 14, 2019
Yeah well you didn't give that information before did you? I played SS and pitched when I was 9-12 YO in LL and my father was the coach..nobody was accusing him of Daddy ball if they watched the games.

My older daughter plays on a team where the HC has a daughter play also and you would never even know which kid it was. She addresses him as “Coach” and she is treated the same as the others. I would never make that accusation for that team.

Oct 4, 2018
Crazy.

First of all, as said above, 13 is too many. Honestly I like 10 or 11. I'm happy to play a game/tourney with 9 girls. And the real players love that too. More at bats, less bench time.

The bench in 10U should be evenly shared. And girls should get to play positions that interest them. They should get to practice any position they like and play it in games. Perhaps not in bracket games until they get better at the position, but what your coach proposes is crazy.

Jul 14, 2019
Well, looks like we’re making the move...along with several others who have the same concerns. First family just sent their departure notice. And so it begins....

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Struck out 14 of 20 at bats one weekend with her own daddy pitching to her and stayed in the top of the lineup.

Don't think my DD has struck out 14 times in her life.
If you do not have pitchers that can throw strikes (less than 3 or 4 walks per game), softball is unwatchable, IMO.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Nothing to do with anything but DD and me hated 10U.

Less then 3 or 4 walks a game, lol. I needed to read your post to make sure you Didn't say an inning.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00