Learning the Game?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2010
MSDinosaur, do you recall where you may have found the "where's the play"
CD? I have googled but no hits :-(

It's possible that your computer has a virus. I don't know the name of it, but there's a virus out there right now that will tinker with your Google searches. It will either give you results for something you didn't search for, or will redirect you to something else when you click on what you think was a good search result.

Jul 6, 2011
I did finally get it but only by adding "little league" to my search. Perhaps I did have a user related virus ;-). Thanks for the link! We
are excited to play it! We discussed the "the think what you will do before the play concept". Received email from coach earlier tonight that said "we can win the tourney this weekend. We will only be playing the starters and have decided that only those playing will bat". So I guess it will be next weekend before we can try it out in a real game. Thanks for the tips!

Mar 13, 2010
We will only be playing the starters and have decided that only those playing will bat". So I guess it will be next weekend before we can try it out in a real game. Thanks for the tips!

You need to find a new team. Straight away.

I can't believe there are teams with 7 year olds who have 'starters'

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
I did finally get it but only by adding "little league" to my search. Perhaps I did have a user related virus ;-). Thanks for the link! We
are excited to play it! We discussed the "the think what you will do before the play concept". Received email from coach earlier tonight that said "we can win the tourney this weekend. We will only be playing the starters and have decided that only those playing will bat". So I guess it will be next weekend before we can try it out in a real game. Thanks for the tips!

If it's a typical tournament, those starters will be pretty tired by the end of the day. Only playing 9 players when there is three games in one day is foolish and will not result in wins. Definitely start looking for another team.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
My first practice (regardless of age) is a game of kick-ball, the kids love it...even the older girls (13-14yo). It's really good for the younger kids because they "know the game of kick ball" but feel they don't "know the game of softball" and that makes them nervous and anxious. This is a mechanism I use to demostrate to them that if they know how to play kick ball, then they generally know how to play softball. It's a good confidence builder for them. The one rule I have is after two times through the order, the kicker/batter now keeps running till she is put out. This stresses running hard and also forces the fielders to focus on the lead runner or throwing ahead of the runner to get her out...[you would think they all would immediately throw home, but they don't (lol)]

I recommend you have your daughter play kick-ball and whiffle ball with family and freinds. Put her in the outfield and let her instincts take over when the ball is kicked or hit to her. I'll bet she does pretty well at getting the kick-ball or whiffle ball in to the field, and has a good understanding of what to do out there. Keep it fun and laughable...don't make it a "lesson". Afterwards you can correlate what she did out there to what she should do in her softball games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad