Last chance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I don't know about SoAzdad, but I once pitched a no hitter as the coach in 6u coach pitch....so I think I have a seat at the expert table, my stuff was dancing....they couldn't buy a hit that day. Even struck out my own daughter...TWICE!...that's right b*tches....TWICE!
This is hilarious....

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
sticks_zps20nf7huk.gif

If there is arm-whip, I'm not seeing it. And, why is she so crouched down when she starts? Javasource's two-step drill would do this girl wonders with her starting motion. Boardmember's IR in the classroom would do her wonders in getting arm-whip, thus more velocity.
I see a fair amount of whip here. Notice how the elbow is leading the upward facing hand at 9:00...
I'm not a fan of the donkey kick finish. I'd rather see a toe drag coming knee to knee. For this girl, I'd suggest a bit more posture behind vertical at release, with an emphasis on more forward drive rather than upward as well as a bit more front side resistance.
Just my 2¢… James

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2014
sticks

as I see it, she has a few velocity detractors. her drive seems to be up, not so much lack of explosiveness but direction of it. she is not getting the "palm up" at 9:00 and yes one of the side by side stills looks like she is in the same position as Amanda s. it appears she is not stabilizing her upper arm vertically allowing for the axis change to move from her shoulder to her elbow. read BM's I/R in the classroom again and again and again. to create angular velocity she must get the mass, ball, closer to the axis. this is achieved by changing the axis from shoulder to elbow by stopping forward movement of the upper arm when it reaches a vertical position. it will still continue to internally rotate but it must remain stable or you will not receive the whip you are looking for.
damon s

Mar 12, 2009
Like damon s said...it looks like her drive is upwards instead of linear. She shouldn't have her stride leg bent prior to drive foot push off and driving the stride leg knee. Like everyone has already mentioned, if she will read the information provided by JS and BM and perform their drills then she will definitely gain speed!

Oct 22, 2009
I don't know about SoAzdad, but I once pitched a no hitter as the coach in 6u coach pitch....so I think I have a seat at the expert table, my stuff was dancing....they couldn't buy a hit that day. Even struck out my own daughter...TWICE!...that's right b*tches....TWICE!

Hilarious.
Reminds me of a 7u semi-championship game I coach pitched.
Bases loaded, no outs, down by one run, my 3 best hitters lined up to hit next.
Had the crowd going wild, and yup, one by one I sent those little Rockin Robins back to their nests! I was a beast!

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket

This one should go in the DFP post hall of fame.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves