Last chance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Thanks for slowing it down. As I said all along think the hips are closed and arm pretty much locked out not getting much whip! Incidently can anyone identify the breed of dog in the background? A free used 33 -10 demarini no shipping included to the winner!!! :)

bichon?????

FWIW, I don't have a problem with the position of her hips at release...

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2013
Don't fall in love with an instructors credentials only. I would take BM or Java teaching arm whip mechanics all day long over Jennie Finch. Just saying....

Jun 18, 2010
8be08645-e75b-4c49-909b-c34e73452590_zps1fb84fc0.jpg

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
Is it a Tibetan terrier?

I agree with knightsb- her hips are in fine position and I think her body position is also good, there is not a shot from behind to see her arm circle path- but with the slowed down view, it certainly looks that she is not really leading well with her elbow down the back of the circle, the ball is facing 3B at best rather than up at 9 oclock, but i think what is killing her speed is that her hand almost leads the process by the time she is at 6 oclock- like you would be teaching a change-up. Sticks, you should read the iR thread and do the drills, and I think that if you can get her to feel that- she WILL jump up in speed cause she had a solid base otherwise. but that is a big speed leak.

It will take a lot of work on her part to do this, but if she is really dedicated, I think it would be worth it to your DD if she wants to keep trying to improve.

So I have nearly every pitching DVD ever made, I am the Imedla Marcos of pitching DVDs. I probably have 3-4 vintage Nancy Evans. She does not teach HE, nor does she explain or use IR (at least when the DVDs were made),but her explanations would lead more to IR. That being said, she IS an advocate of bullet spin for fastball.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
That dog is a short-haired Norwegian ballhound - rare in the US, very smart and tenacious, often exhibiting an independent streak; historically bred and trained for artic fox hunting. I will PM you my address.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah

If there is arm-whip, I'm not seeing it. And, why is she so crouched down when she starts? Javasource's two-step drill would do this girl wonders with her starting motion. Boardmember's IR in the classroom would do her wonders in getting arm-whip, thus more velocity.

Last edited:
May 29, 2013
As stated, her arm whip is spent before she releases. On the plus side it's a great change up. I agree with D.R., those two drills will have her throwing some heat before long. If she puts the work in she could have something real nice there. Odd to think that her off speed pitch would be a fastball. Put a positive spin on this for her.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez