It's Time to Up My Game!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
It's time to up my game as an amateur pitching coach and I am hoping that some of you professionals can help me out. I am looking for an app to put on my iPhone that would help me record video of my pitchers and play it back in slow motion. Also, I would like to know where I can get clips of model fastpitch pitchers from various angles to show my players in slow motion as an example of how to pitch.

Jun 18, 2010
I am looking for an app to put on my iPhone that would help me record video of my pitchers and play it back in slow motion.

Coach's Eye

Also, I would like to know where I can get clips of model fastpitch pitchers from various angles to show my players in slow motion as an example of how to pitch.

Watch Live Softball Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

If you're a cable service subscriber, you can watch live and replays of softball games.

If you want a one-stop-shop, you can purchase the Right View Pro Mobile app. You can also purchase various pitchers and hitters from their library. You can record your player and play back as well. I however prefer coaches eye. I use this site, and the Model pitchers thread often as examples.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
I second a vote for Coach's Eye (what I use) app on your phone, or you can try Ubersense too.

Kinovea for a laptop or computer if you really want to get technical.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
What Ken said - no app needed. Already on the phone and we use it with pitching and hitting.

Also we Go-Pro film a lot of games and practices. My other coach does the editing to give out to players parents for their recruiting film. I have looked a few he does and it is nice. He always does a slow motion when the girl hits a home run.

May 22, 2014
Indiana
The 240 fps slo-mo on the iphone 6 is great for capturing video, but I don't like the playback capability with it. For playback, I use an app called VideoPix. I can play any video I take (including the 240 fps stuff) at any speed I want, but more importantly, I can pause it and then advance one frame at a time. It can also download a snapshot of any of the frames and save it as a picture on the phone. Those features are particularly awesome on video I save to my phone from youtube. I now have samples of Ueno, Finch, Osterman, etc saved on my phone that I can play frame by frame using VideoPix. It has some photo editing and drawing capability too, but I've yet to you that.

Oct 7, 2014
Upper Midwest
Another vote for Coach's Eye. I'm especially fond of the side-by-side feature to contrast my player with a model player, the thumb wheel for ease of forward-backward, and drawing lines and arrows.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hi Retired Coach,

Besides the iPhone 6 awesome slo-mo feature, two apps:

Coach's Eyes => VERY GOOD and user friendly for the non-techie.

Uber Sense => A light version of coach's eyes and FREE.

A tip: just like any new application or software, there is a bit of a learning curve but honestly, it is worth it. Just be patient and learn the features one at a time. I suggest your take a few clips and then, at home, test and explore all the features. Later, you will be a lot better to use them live with sutdents.

I hope this helps. Let us know what you final choice is.

Personally, I've been using Coach's Eyes for 3 years. I am starting to use more my iPhone 6 now as i just got it 2 months ago.

Coach Marc :)

Jun 7, 2013
Hi Retired Coach,

Besides the iPhone 6 awesome slo-mo feature, two apps:

Coach's Eyes => VERY GOOD and user friendly for the non-techie.

Uber Sense => A light version of coach's eyes and FREE.

A tip: just like any new application or software, there is a bit of a learning curve but honestly, it is worth it. Just be patient and learn the features one at a time. I suggest your take a few clips and then, at home, test and explore all the features. Later, you will be a lot better to use them live with sutdents.

I hope this helps. Let us know what you final choice is.

Personally, I've been using Coach's Eyes for 3 years. I am starting to use more my iPhone 6 now as i just got it 2 months ago.

Coach Marc :)

Thanks, Marc!

I'll keep you posted!

And thanks for this awesome website!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01