Increase arm speed + increase pitch speed.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
I would not criticize Kempf for one section in her book. When books are written, authors always get materials from others, as she did with the routine. (Many authors have used Kempf's stuff, ironically.)

The group is Club K. I don't recommend or use the routine, because who has time? You have to take completely off from pitching for your team for 8 weeks.
When your name is on a book then what's in the book is what you believe. Otherwise whose book and teachings are they? Just because Kempf says something does not mean its right.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
There are studies that support that throwing overweight and underweight balls improves velocity. Here is an overview of the studies: Effects of throwing overweight balls

As far as injuries, the ASA didn't establish a blue ribbon panel of experts in physiology, anatomy and sports science to determine the optimum weight of a softball. Saying that throwing a ball one or two ounces heavier or lighter is inherently more dangerous doesn't make much sense.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I would not criticize Kempf for one section in her book. When books are written, authors always get materials from others, as she did with the routine. (Many authors have used Kempf's stuff, ironically.)

The group is Club K. I don't recommend or use the routine, because who has time? You have to take completely off from pitching for your team for 8 weeks.

The reason I wouldn't criticize Kempf for that section of her book is because the program she describes works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi