I'm gonna be the first to say it.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
And there go the Rangers. GO RANGERS!

It appears to be a very close match up. 2 games, both low scoring 1 run victories. The Texas middle infield look very good.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
It has been a well played first 2 games but I think Texas has an edge with both pitching matchups for game 3 & 4. They also have the advantage of the DH which will improve both their defense and offense much more than it will STL. And they go home where they played .642 ball in the regular season and are 4-1 in this post-season.

I'm not saying this series is over by any means, the Cardinals have played too well since 9/1 to expect that, but I'd say the odds are clearly in Texas favor at this point.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I hate to take a loss, but I did predict the Cards in 7.

What a great flip play from the Ranger's SS.

Motte seams to be backing off his speed. He has been blowing it past the batters in the upper 90's, I don't think he's hit over 96 in two games.

This should be a great matchup, my father said it's the lowest scoring series since 1972. I'll have to take his word since I wasn't born until 1973. :)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Well the Card's showed tonight they can slug right along with the hard hitting Rangers. Gonna be a great series.

Like I said in my first post, I still think the Redbird's have a pitching advantage, despite the media's input. Still alot of innings to go though.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
What an exciteing game!
Looks to me like both bullpens are shakey.
I knew going to Texas would boost the Ranger bats but nothing compared to Pujols'.
I don't know that I would say the Cards can slug with the Rangers, though. Rangers made a lot of errors, and the first base ref made a big one. I don't believe that games are won or loss on 1 bad call but it definately affected the 4th inning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG