HS Ball Check in...How's it going?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
DD's team is 9-4 with DD pitching every game. Two of the losses came in extra innings against higher division teams. Last outing was the roughest one...but motivation to work harder on spin...DD is the queen of the unearned run :mad:

Some things never change...

Oct 10, 2011
injury

DD had an accident at school and has been out with a concussion for the last week and a half . We are hoping she will be back by the end of the week . Team is struggling to put together wins but keeping it interesting . Hopefully they can get it going in the second half of the season and make it to the post season .
Good luck on a speedy recovery!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD had an accident at school and has been out with a concussion

We are on our second kid out with a concussion. It seems if you go to the Dr with a tale of the head getting hit you will get a concussion diagnosis. The second kid was beaned during an at bat. She popped right back up and took her base played the rest of the game. To be on the safe side Mom took her to the Dr. and left with a concussion. Not saying it couldn't happen but it seems they really do err on the side of caution.

Dec 29, 2010
Season going great so far for her and teamates. Getting a life lesson on politcs, (didnt make varsity) Learning to pitch in crappy conditions and being the only pitcher who has a pc she is getting a lot of mound time. 5 - 0, her team plays good D and hits for the most part. League games start after break.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
So far no games due to weather. Last week was our spring break so no games were scheduled. Mostly in the 60s first game will be tomorrow. We have 1-3 inches of snow forecast.

Jan 24, 2011
This week we have games on Monday , Tuesday , Thursday , Friday and Saturday. Only 2 weeks of regular season games before District Tournament starts

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
We are on our second kid out with a concussion. It seems if you go to the Dr with a tale of the head getting hit you will get a concussion diagnosis. The second kid was beaned during an at bat. She popped right back up and took her base played the rest of the game. To be on the safe side Mom took her to the Dr. and left with a concussion. Not saying it couldn't happen but it seems they really do err on the side of caution.

Our HS does about 4 different tests preseason to form a baseline for concussion recovery . Unfortunately my Daughter cannot pass all of them yet which means she is still out due to a concussion . If your local HS doesn't do baseline testing you can usually have it done through outside means . The nice thing is that they are no longer guessing at a diagnosis . Having gone through it both ways , with and without , I would have to say having the baseline testing makes it a lot easier to diagnose and deal with an actual concussion .

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
Good luck on a speedy recovery!

Thanks for the good thoughts , unfortunately after her last round of testing they have pushed her next baseline test to April 21st . If she passes the tests then she will have a 5 day Return To Play program initiated which will get her back just in time to watch the season end . I don't think her HS team will make the postseason so it would appear that other than getting a varsity letter this season will be a wash .

Jan 8, 2012
Aurora, IL
Michael sorry to hear about your daughter.

Our freshman team is 4 - 2 DD is 3-1 pitching. I really had the wrong image of HS ball. I thought with all the competitive teams around that it would be some top notch ball. DD is having fun so that is what really counts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar