HS Ball Check in...How's it going?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Finally got some ball in. We played 2 and won them both. My dd finally got her first Varsity start in the circle. Pitched a complete game and gave up 1 earned run, 7ks with 2 walks. The team played very well behind her. This could be a fun season.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Things appear to be going from bad to worse...

DD injured her right thumb (strained ligament) in the first inning of the last game, and now can't hold a ball tight enough to pitch/throw, or a bat tight enough to hit. It looks like she's going to be out for at least a week, maybe two.

I'm not going to dig into the issues with the new "coach's assistant"...:mad:

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Folks enjoy it while you can. I'd cut off Sluggers right arm to have those years back. Win, lose, or draw, for many young athletes and parents.........it's the last hurrah.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Things appear to be going from bad to worse...

DD injured her right thumb (strained ligament) in the first inning of the last game, and now can't hold a ball tight enough to pitch/throw, or a bat tight enough to hit. It looks like she's going to be out for at least a week, maybe two.

I'm not going to dig into the issues with the new "coach's assistant"...:mad:
Ouch. I hate to hear the injury stories. Hope she recovers quickly.

Oct 10, 2011
Glad it's the last week of HS ball for us! Despite everything that has gone on with drama, HS politics, changing her swing, etc... she is still in love with the game and feeling more confident then ever. It sure was a roller coaster ride and we are ready for TB to begin!
We never thought she'd be a starter at 3rd-and she was.
We never thought she'd be pulled off of defense the way she was playing- and she was.
We thought she would tear it up hitting- and she didn't
We thought she'd never turn it around- and she did.
We apparently don't know much:)

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
The team is doing OK. Tied for first place in our conference with 4 games left, including one against the team we are tied with. We started the year with a 2 pitchers rotating between the circle and first with our 3rd pitcher playing SS. The coach is reluctant to take the ss from that position and the other pitcher has shin splints. So its been mostly my dd the last 2 weeks, she is 10-1, but to many of the games have been a grind. If it wasn't already gone my hair would be gray. How many times can you load the bases and not allow any runs? She is struggling at the plate, not her usual self. Had a lesson with her TB coach last weekend, hoping it will help. The team is smacking the ball around though. Its been exciting.

Nov 14, 2011
My DD's season has been highs and lows. She is 10-3 as a Freshman on Varsity. That is great... But.... Her head coach does not allow his pitchers to bat OR play a 2nd position. So she pitches and sits. Pitches and sits. She batted 3 times a week during winter to prepare her for HS season only to sit and watch everyone else bat. And it isn't just my dd. NONE of the pitchers are allowed to hit.

So we play a game last night and we are up 18-2 and my dd isn't pitching this game. The other 2 pitchers share the load and pitched that game. In the final inning they tell my dd to get ready. The head coach broke his own rule and allowed my dd to hit. Yep. Into the batters box she goes. First pitch - Ball, outside. Second pitch - ball, further outside. Third pitch - WHACK, hit by pitch. Right into the back of her leg. She limped off to first base with a huge smile on her face!

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
My DD's first season has come to an end. Overall, it was good. She pitched in 15 Varsity games as a 7th grader, with 12 starts. Finished 5-7 with a 4.24 ERA. She had allowed 25 ERs going into the playoffs and gave up 14 in the last 2 games. :( She pitched on Friday night after having the stomach virus on Thursday night. I was proud of her for even trying, when the only other pitcher had broke her ankle the week before. She gained the respect of her teammates early on, so she never had trouble with the older girls.

The play, at times, was terrible, but she really enjoyed the year and came away with a lot of confidence. End the end, I just want to put my DD in position to have fun and learn all the values of what playing a team sport are. Her 1st season with Varsity succeeded that. She's more driven than ever right now.

Jul 10, 2012
Our Season has been good, DD freshman started on JV playing multiple places (catcher, pitched 3 times, 2nd, SS, and once in left field) worked out with varsity a couple of times and has was in the varsity dugout when the JV mercy ruled or they played after them but was used as a runner for the catcher. then during a varsity - jv scrimmage she puts one out, follows that up with 5 out in batting practice off the coach that throws pretty hard. Next day she gets moved up since then she has only gotten one at bat. 4 games left then district tourney and hopefully state. we are 13-3 but should be 15-1.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors