How to Start and End A Week

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
Well, last weekend my DGD's 14u team competed in the ASA state championship and won. And thanks to God I was there to watch the whole tournament. Tomorrow, they will compete in the NSA state tournament and thanks to God I will be able to watch it also. During the tournament last week, I was just not myself and everyone noticed.

Well, for one time I listened to my family and went to the ER on Sunday and they admitted me with severe headaches and some dizziness. They ran some test. On Monday the Doc came in and said that I had to have an operation, on Tues. I said OK but I had to be out of the hospital by Friday, halfway laughing, because I had a softball tournament to attend.

On Tues morning they took out an egg size tumor out of my brain. Recovery really went well, I never had to ask for pain medicine.

Lo and behold, they released me from the hospital this morning under no restrictions. I have to go back for some radiation and chemo in the next several weeks, but tomorrow I get to see some SOFTBALL!!!
The doc said he had had only seen one case like mine in 20 years. I just told him people don't put enough trust in God and to think posisive. I was going to tell him about the power of softball, but I knew he would not believe me!!!
UPDATE:Well the young ladies did it again and won the NSA state 14u. The games were spread apart time wise and I picked the important ones so I could rest inbetween them.
And story book stuff. My DGD hit a HR her first at bat in the tournament.

Love softball, feel better already!

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
The docs found one of those in a pitching student of mine. She was admitted for a traffic accident and they found a brain tumor. The results were the same as yours, but scary times.

Yes, we wouldn't want you to miss softball. :) Praises sent for your answered prayers.

Feb 3, 2011
Congrats to your granddaughter's team, but wow, huge congrats to the surgical team!

This is a scary-sounding event, but glad you're ok and back with us here. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom