How is Fall High School Softball Going for Everyone....?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Not quite high school yet but DDs middle school team (Powell Miiddle School near Knoxville, TN) went undefeated in our multi county league and tournament. They also won the Chattanooga ASA Middle School Tournament with teams from as far away as Middle TN and GA. Very proud of these young ladies! Finished with a record of 26-1 this fall! image.jpg

Apr 11, 2012
photo 1.jpg

Missouri 4A District 14 Champs....i think Ms. Dinosaur should have another post on this thread I hear.....

Apr 11, 2012
I'm still not getting why they states who play in the spring don't switch....here in Missouri (KCMO) we have had one rain out this year and last year had to re-schedule two games because it was too hot....players are super ready too as they get back from National Tournaments at the end of July and go right to HS practice for two weeks to start playing in the middle of August. KCMO Metro teams play around 30 single 7 inning games, in 8 weeks. On the Kansas side, they play in the spring and have a 12+ week time frame and barely get in 20 games, some schools don't get them all in as and they all play double headers, so only 10 opponents for the season....granted, Kansas isn't nearly as big population wise as Missouri and have the volleyball v. softball thingy for schools outside the Kansas City Metro area....which is an issue for rural schools throughout the state....but my friends whose DD play in the spring do nothing but complain how miserable it is to get in 14 apathetic innings in one evening in early April....

But the biggest thing is that the Kansas players can only participate with their HS teams and don't get to join their TB teams till Memorial Day....then its only 8 weeks till Nationals...during the fall the Kansas players have to sit and watch till late October as nothing is going on TB wise because 80% of the TB players here in Kansas City are playing HS ball in Missouri....

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
The best and only good thing about playing spring ball for HS is in the fall you get to scrimmage the colleges around here. Never going to get the colleges scrimmaging in spring. That's their season.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
6-AAA Region Champs. First round of State starts Wednesday. Hopefully the girls can find a way to repeat there State Title from last year. 26-7 so far on the season.

Apr 11, 2012
Pdiddy, very cool, I live in LS. I took DD out to a couple of games this year.
That's very cool as well....come out Wednesday at 5 at legacy if you get a chance....I will be running the score board, so introduce yourself if you would like....

Here in South Dakota, we had end-of-season varsity state tourney on 10/4-10/5. Ended up 4th and got the Sportsmanship Trophy. I love having softball in the fall here ~ my brother in MN always has wondered why they don't switch, too.

Mar 31, 2011
DD's a freshman this year. Team made it to third in districts. Lost 9 games to 5 of the 8 championship teams. Team ended 12-14 for season. 6 losses by 8 runs. 4 games rained out. DD made varsity. Worked her way in to the batting lineup by the 7th game. Finished in the four spot. pitched a little in varsity, most of JV games.

Most Importantly she had a blast, and even thought they were outmatched most games they were competitive. Overall it was a great success

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06