Hitting slump & KCs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
1st swing:
tumblr_o9wz0kDCUC1usf292o1_500.gif

2nd swing:
tumblr_o9wyqlU7lG1usf292o1_500.gif

So, I look at the GIF and the videos, and she doesn't seem to start loading until after the ball is released.
I thought that parts of the loading occur before release.
I respectfully disagree. I believe the hitter starts her 'sequence'. Small and very little movement but, the hitter does start moving just before release. The hitter does time the ball in the air pretty good. I will agree this hitter will have to learn to start slow and early as the pitching gets faster. As Eric has stated the hitter may feel rushed through their sequence and panicky as the pitching gets faster/better. I prefer not to have the hitter loading and waiting for the ball to arrive for now. Again JMHO.

Jun 12, 2015
Just want to say a very sincere thank you to all the DFPers who are wiser than I. I know I've posted a lot of videos & situations I need input on, and I always get such good feedback and help. For those of you with older kids I imagine the 10U parents are really annoying at times. I appreciate you putting up with us and our extremely steep learning curve. Hopefully a few years down the road when I'm on the other side of some of this I can do the same for the newbies. :D

Jun 12, 2015
Little update - my husband tried something new today. When she went up to bat he told her, see if you can hit it to right field. Like a game (game within a game, haha). She went up there and crushed it into center. Not where she was aiming for but I think that she was focused on where she was going to hit the ball rather than WHETHER she was going to hit the ball. It was kind of backed up by the next at bat, he told her to hit it into right field. She said, "I don't think I can hit it into right." He said he knew right then it wasn't going to be a good at bat, and sure enough, she struck out. But I think that kind of mental game is what we need to do with her to distract her from the pressure in the batter's box.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
When she went up to bat he told her, see if you can hit it to right field. ...
the next at bat, he told her to hit it into right field.
But I think that kind of mental game is what we need to do with her to distract her from the pressure in the batter's box.

Is your husband giving her advice from the stands when she's walking toward, or is in, the batter's box?

Jun 12, 2015
No. He's an assistant coach but he leaves her alone during her at-bat. He told her this in the dugout before the game started.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi