Hillhouse gets props on ESPN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Wow, as an FYI, I don't see the need to attack BoardMember at all and he has added much to this site. He has posted video of his work and has helped untold numbers of young ladies play in college. BTW, he does check in once in a while and post here.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I'm a fan of both. They have both brought a lot to the table. I've met bill and his humor is quite unique. :)

And last I checked most pitchers are pretty ego driven. Why else would they subject themselves to being the main focus during a game?

If anyone has an idea what time in the game it was mentioned it would help. I am watching the game now and may have missed it.

Apr 22, 2016
Texas
not sure if this was said with tongue in cheek or not but, if you know Bill, you know he is the most self deprecating, funny guy you'd ever meet. It can be easy to confuse the 2 but, it's unfair to compare someone who's been there, done that and teaches from that experience to someone with an with an ego. I'm biased, I am a big follower and believer in what Bill teaches (I think it's hard for anyone who's never done it themselves to tell someone who's been on Team USA that they're wrong!) but, I can honestly say Bill has no ego. If you think so, then I don't think you've met or really know him and his humor. And Boardmember saying someone has an ego is hysterical!!

It's been said before that a lot of people feel a compliment of one PC is a put down of others. And that's when things turn ugly and it becomes unfortunate. JMHO.

CG

The comment was just a sarcastic joke! My DD and I both think Bill is a great instructor and has done a lot to promote the game of softball.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Wow, as an FYI, I don't see the need to attack BoardMember at all and he has added much to this site. He has posted video of his work and has helped untold numbers of young ladies play in college. BTW, he does check in once in a while and post here.

Yep... PM's me all the time wanting to know how to throw a SB... I told him I can't tell him because he is too
Famous... the next thing you know is DD would be getting struck out with her own SB....

JK JK JK JK JK JK= Just Kidding :cool:

Jul 14, 2008
Wow.....this is really unfortunate. I'm not sure where this is coming from........

I know Boardmember likes to think that anyone who says complimentary things about Bill is "on his payroll"......

CG

Nor am I sure what prompted this statement from CG either........

And Boardmember saying someone has an ego is hysterical!!

They both seem to be out of the blue attacks on me in an attempt start someone's fantasy war between Bill and I.

What bothers me the most about it is that I have nothing but respect for Bill and what he's given to the game of Fastpitch by committing his life to bettering the game across the country and beyond. I only committed to bettering the girls I've worked with directly, and the 10's of thousands of readers of this board. Hardly comparable in my opinion.

Now the thing that bothers me the most. The only thing I can surmise that prompted these comments about me is that Bill talks crap about me to his dedicated followers and they somehow think that means I do the same. That's the only thing I can think off that brought this about. Really too bad.

Regardless, all I can say is this thread is about kudos to Bill, and somehow the OP thought necessary to speak negatively about me in the opening post even though I've never had any negative interaction with the OP. You guys tell me what the motivation was for that.

It's a complete GAFF in my opinion. Bill deserved that mention on ESPN and probably more based on his life's dedication, regardless of whether it's his living or not. Bottom line is you couldn't pay me enough to do what he does day in and day out. But I will do it for free here anytime anyone asks me for help.

Congrats on the mention to Bill. A well deserved advertisement for your continued dedication to our sport.

On last thing about me posting here. I've posted over 1600 times here. Mostly with content that offers assistance to those seeking help. Since I began posting here, the education level of the members of this board has skyrocketed, sometimes because of my offerings, and often from many others as well. With that said, I read posts and the help offered to those posting, and am amazed at how knowledgeable our members are. I don't pile on with more of the same stuff others have already mentioned. It just muddys the waters for those seeking help. If I see a hole that hasn't been covered I'll chime in. Of late, that hasn't been happening often because of the existing knowledge base we have here.

Now to my perceived ego problem. It doesn't exist to the extent a few have here have mentioned. What I will say to the readers of of this board who came/come here to learn how to pitch a softball, or improve on mechanics.

Who have you learned the most from ON THIS BOARD. If it's Bill Hillhouse who has taught you the most through this board, then I tip my hat to you. Because regarding CONTENT about pitching mechanics given OUT FREE ON THIS BOARD, he is way behind the curve IMO. And that is no knock on him. He is running a business. So I guess you could define that as my DFP EGO speaking just a little.

We all have our place. Bills is traveling the country passing on his knowledge while making a living doing so. A noble cause for sure. Mine is right here, sharing what I know and my love for the craft.....For free.

Boardmember.....OUT.

JohnnyO

Began this habit in 1980
May 13, 2015
Midwest
I just typed a half page response and posted it to only find out I'd lost connection so you guys are saved as I can't remember all that again... so to paraphrase it all Thank You Boardmember for helping us outfielders understand all this pitching stuff. I can't believe the time you guys give to all of us you have never met.

Hank

Banned
Jun 30, 2016
Wow.....this is really unfortunate. I'm not sure where this is coming from........

Nor am I sure what prompted this statement from CG either........

They both seem to be out of the blue attacks on me in an attempt start someone's fantasy war between Bill and I.

What bothers me the most about it is that I have nothing but respect for Bill and what he's given to the game of Fastpitch by committing his life to bettering the game across the country and beyond. I only committed to bettering the girls I've worked with directly, and the 10's of thousands of readers of this board. Hardly comparable in my opinion.

Now the thing that bothers me the most. The only thing I can surmise that prompted these comments about me is that Bill talks crap about me to his dedicated followers and they somehow think that means I do the same. That's the only thing I can think off that brought this about. Really too bad.

Regardless, all I can say is this thread is about kudos to Bill, and somehow the OP thought necessary to speak negatively about me in the opening post even though I've never had any negative interaction with the OP. You guys tell me what the motivation was for that.

It's a complete GAFF in my opinion. Bill deserved that mention on ESPN and probably more based on his life's dedication, regardless of whether it's his living or not. Bottom line is you couldn't pay me enough to do what he does day in and day out. But I will do it for free here anytime anyone asks me for help.

Congrats on the mention to Bill. A well deserved advertisement for your continued dedication to our sport.

On last thing about me posting here. I've posted over 1600 times here. Mostly with content that offers assistance to those seeking help. Since I began posting here, the education level of the members of this board has skyrocketed, sometimes because of my offerings, and often from many others as well. With that said, I read posts and the help offered to those posting, and am amazed at how knowledgeable our members are. I don't pile on with more of the same stuff others have already mentioned. It just muddys the waters for those seeking help. If I see a hole that hasn't been covered I'll chime in. Of late, that hasn't been happening often because of the existing knowledge base we have here.

Now to my perceived ego problem. It doesn't exist to the extent a few have here have mentioned. What I will say to the readers of of this board who came/come here to learn how to pitch a softball, or improve on mechanics.

Who have you learned the most from ON THIS BOARD. If it's Bill Hillhouse who has taught you the most through this board, then I tip my hat to you. Because regarding CONTENT about pitching mechanics given OUT FREE ON THIS BOARD, he is way behind the curve IMO. And that is no knock on him. He is running a business. So I guess you could define that as my DFP EGO speaking just a little.

We all have our place. Bills is traveling the country passing on his knowledge while making a living doing so. A noble cause for sure. Mine is right here, sharing what I know and my love for the craft.....For free.

Boardmember.....OUT.

Just couldn't help yourself! Had to get that last little jab in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi