High School

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
GA plays HS ball in the Fall, with the season starting mid August. This past year they started allowing teams to have tryouts in May before school is out because of all the TB conflicts in late July/early August.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Rejoice!!! Basketball is over! I will say that I am super proud of DD for making it through the season after many breakdowns, lots of losses, lots of running, getting yelled at and berated in front of a packed gym(athletic director witnessed that and took care of it), sore muscles, sitting the bench for two games(for missing due to a school function), petty mind games, living through constant fear of being punished for the outcome of a game, etc. Last night they beat a team 14-7 that whooped them the first time. And that was not the 1st quarter score. That has to be lowest the lowest combined score EVER for a JV game. As she was turning in her uni's and gear the coach told her to leave her shoes in the locker...they will be waiting for her. She smiled inside and said to herself, little do you know. I told her not to say anything to the coach, rather just fade away........It is done.

Today is a new day. I just dropped her off at the field house with her catcher's gear bag. A tear almost began to well up, but I did the manly thing and shook it off while she was shooing me away. All is good in the universe.

I am prepared for HS softball, thanks to all the DFPers previous experiences. Time to play for the community, represent the colors, and play with her friends and former teammates. I will volunteer my time in concessions. I will do what I can to support the team and the opposing kids that we know through TB. That will be my mantra.

Let's have some fun!

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Not sure about Virginia. If you were around here (SE Texas), it would be a late start.
We have been practicing since 1/19 and we played our third scrimmage game last night.
One more scrimmage next Monday and then our first regular game is the day after. First district game is 3/22.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Not sure about Virginia. If you were around here (SE Texas), it would be a late start.
We have been practicing since 1/19 and we played our third scrimmage game last night against.
One more scrimmage next Monday and then our first regular game is the day after. First district game is 3/22.

Looking at our schedule right now, our first district game is 3/1. What are ya'll doing for a month and half until district games begin??

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Looking at our schedule right now, our first district game is 3/1. What are ya'll doing for a month and half until district games begin??

We have a full schedule until district starts on 3/22:
2/2/16 Tuesday Katy Tompkins HS- Scrimmage Home 5:00
2/6/16 Saturday Orange Grove HS – Scrimmage Home 2:00
2/8/16 Monday Dulles HS – Scrimmage Away 6:00
2/9/16 Tuesday Van Vleck HS - Scrimmage Home 5:00
2/11/16 Thursday Brazosport Christian - Scrimmage Home 4:00
2/15/16 Monday Sweeny HS - Scrimmage Away 4:00
2/16/16 Tuesday St. John’s School Away 4:00
2/18-20 Thurs-Sat Bryan/College Station HS Tournament All Day
2/23/16 Tuesday Mayde Creek High School Away 5:00
2/25-27/16 Thurs-Sat FBCA Tournament Home All Day
3/1/16 Tuesday El Campo High School Away 6:00
3/3/16 Thursday Houston Christian High School Away TBA
3/16/16 Wednesday Early Arrival/Practice Home 2:00-4:00
3/16/16 Wednesday Weimar High School Home 6:00
3/17/16 Thursday Team Activity Day in San Antonio All Day
3/18/16 Friday Flatonia High School Away 2:00

Jun 21, 2012
We have a full schedule until district starts on 3/22:
2/2/16 Tuesday Katy Tompkins HS- Scrimmage Home 5:00
2/6/16 Saturday Orange Grove HS – Scrimmage Home 2:00
2/8/16 Monday Dulles HS – Scrimmage Away 6:00
2/9/16 Tuesday Van Vleck HS - Scrimmage Home 5:00
2/11/16 Thursday Brazosport Christian - Scrimmage Home 4:00
2/15/16 Monday Sweeny HS - Scrimmage Away 4:00
2/16/16 Tuesday St. John’s School Away 4:00
2/18-20 Thurs-Sat Bryan/College Station HS Tournament All Day
2/23/16 Tuesday Mayde Creek High School Away 5:00
2/25-27/16 Thurs-Sat FBCA Tournament Home All Day
3/1/16 Tuesday El Campo High School Away 6:00
3/3/16 Thursday Houston Christian High School Away TBA
3/16/16 Wednesday Early Arrival/Practice Home 2:00-4:00
3/16/16 Wednesday Weimar High School Home 6:00
3/17/16 Thursday Team Activity Day in San Antonio All Day
3/18/16 Friday Flatonia High School Away 2:00

I will be there with my team as well.

Seeya there and best of luck during your season.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Cuzmail,

Ahhh...I see. Lots of scrimmages. Y'all should be ready to kick some butt once district rolls around. Our school will be playing in 3 tournaments instead of playing so many individual games. You guys don't fall under the UIL rules...I believe, but I do know that each kid can play only a certain amount of games per season. The coach determines whether they play more games and less tourneys or the other way around. Since we are public, I am sure the busing and expenses have something to do with their decisions. I want to know what that "team activity" in San Antonio entails. At least your DD will be playing in the best pre season HS tourney in the area...us not so much. Hopefully, we'll run into each other somewhere.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Cuzmail,

Ahhh...I see. Lots of scrimmages. Y'all should be ready to kick some butt once district rolls around. Our school will be playing in 3 tournaments instead of playing so many individual games. You guys don't fall under the UIL rules...I believe, but I do know that each kid can play only a certain amount of games per season. The coach determines whether they play more games and less tourneys or the other way around. Since we are public, I am sure the busing and expenses have something to do with their decisions. I want to know what that "team activity" in San Antonio entails. At least your DD will be playing in the best pre season HS tourney in the area...us not so much. Hopefully, we'll run into each other somewhere.

Yep, we are TAPPS, but the more I learn the more it is similar to UIL.
5 scrimmages, the game against Sweeny is our first non scrimmage. Typo on my part.
2 tourneys.
About 50 games total give or take a couple. Depends on how well we do at tourneys and State.
Team activity day will be Six Flags Fiesta and then playing Flatonia on the way home.

If we don't see y'all during the HS season, we certainly will one tournament ball starts up again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi