High School

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Weather is often the determining factor. Down here tryouts are 2nd week of January with first games in early February. State Tournament is mid-May.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Oldest dd is still playing jv bball, this is the last week of regular season, conference championship should be next week, then softball practice starts 2/22. There is usually a week or so break between volleyball, basketball, and softball seasons here.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Our tryouts were in October. In Alabama you could start throwing on 1/5 and pick up bats for the first time a couple of weeks after that. Our first game is nest Tuesday the 16th.

I imagine there are going to be several miserably cold games starting out.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Our tryouts are state mandated (all teams in the state have the same tryout dates). The first day of practice this year is February 26th (which is tryouts) and they have to have 10 days of practice before their first game. If a player misses one of the 10 days of practice they are ineligible for the first game or any game until they have completed 10 days of practice.

May 13, 2012
We try out end of school yr. Workouts all winter if not in another sport and official practice starts mid Feb with games early march

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
We have 5 basketball players that also play softball. The basketball players will have missed all of the preseason scrimmages except for this coming Saturday. As I speak to other kiddos that play both sports in the same school district their coaches allow those bball girls to practice (after bball is done for the day) and play in the scrimmages. It's up to the bball coaches. It's funny how all of the College softball folks talk about loving the multisport athlete, but the coaches make it nearly impossible for these kids to play multiple sports... in fact they are punished. My DD is going to be one and done with HS bball even though she loves it and and is pretty good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi