High School

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
"Voluntary" conditioning in Feb. This is run by the upper classmen, but the coach sends out what she wants done. Tryouts start 2/29 first game 4/1. No seniors this year so should be interesting to see which juniors step up.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Tryouts after nationals this past summer. First official day of practice Feb. 15, first game mid March. Scrimmages last weekend of February, weather permitting.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Tryouts week of March 7, and 1st game scheduled for April 4.

And with the mild Winter we have had,
this might be the first season in years that the fields are actually playable the first week of April!

Sep 29, 2014
We have 5 basketball players that also play softball. The basketball players will have missed all of the preseason scrimmages except for this coming Saturday. As I speak to other kiddos that play both sports in the same school district their coaches allow those bball girls to practice (after bball is done for the day) and play in the scrimmages. It's up to the bball coaches. It's funny how all of the College softball folks talk about loving the multisport athlete, but the coaches make it nearly impossible for these kids to play multiple sports... in fact they are punished. My DD is going to be one and done with HS bball even though she loves it and and is pretty good.

Odd the way they work it out here one sport finishes before the next starts

May 13, 2012
So what do you do with a new student who shows up first day of school in August?

They will hold a second tryout if there is enough intrest or if one or two players transfer in there may be a "private workout" to see if they are good enough.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Odd the way they work it out here one sport finishes before the next starts

You would think they would do it that way. If her bball team were decent they would be in the playoffs and that's another couple of weeks of no softball. Heck Volleyball games start before schools starts in the summer. Texans are serious with their high school sports.

Sep 29, 2014
You would think they would do it that way. If her bball team were decent they would be in the playoffs and that's another couple of weeks of no softball. Heck Volleyball games start before schools starts in the summer. Texans are serious with their high school sports.

Trust me I know about Texas High School sports I went to Converse Judson in it's heyday ;)

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama

Same in Alabama. We are just starting basketball area tourneys this week followed by regionals, then the state finals at the beginning of March. Soccer started competition on 2/08 while baseball and softball start games on 02/15 so schools with solid basketball teams can be impacted especially small schools that rely on kids playing multiple sports.

Sep 21, 2010
corinth,tx
here in nor cal softball officially started yesterday feb 8th. bball still going last week of conference games next week tournament following week tryouts and playoffs start. we have 12 girls at practice 3 varsity the jv season runs only 6 weeks starting in march around 12 games and varsity has 2 scrimmage days in march and tournaments in late march early april

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi