He's making her slap her thigh.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Wow, I did not know I was on a Yahoo comment page. What does a degrading comment about my daughter and another PC do to add value to this conversation? I realize again why I only come on here sparingly and have to sort through all the egos to gather any useful information.
You must of forgot your post, about how you wouldn't listen to a bunch of DFP posters. By the way I didn't degrade your dd, so get over it. Your ego is the problem and I was wondering who the PC was because if he or she is that good then, maybe we all would like to go to them. So get over yourself.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2013
I have not seen any results from glove slappers or good pitchers who slap, and yes we would change the glove slapper to make her better no matter what, and it would not affect her negatively. When that tension is gone, they feel more fluid, less tired, and they feel less pain.

Very strange post here OIlF. There are so many successful pitchers that slap their thigh that it's not even a debate. The argument that slapping is causing pain and is dangerous is a fallacy. My DD has been slapping her thigh for at least 4 years and has never had an issue with a light glove slap. Sometimes when you are wrong, you just need to acknowledge it and learn from others. This is one such time.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Sometimes when you are wrong, you just need to acknowledge it and learn from others. This is one such time.

It ain't gonna happen, Rocketech1.
I will say this, however, when one of the pitchers I work with started slapping her thigh too hard, I discussed it with her and told her to shift some of that focus/energy to the release point on the other side. Her glove "slap" is pretty light now--I can only occasionally hear it. She doesn't want to rid herself of it claiming it helps her with her overall timing.

May 9, 2014
After 18 pages, It seems to me that the glove slap is merely a style issue, it seems some do it and do fine, and others don't and also do fine. Now it could be the whiskey talking, but I don't think its causing a rash of injuries, nor do I think if you avoid it you'll be pitching in the next olympics.

It seems to me that it doesn't make much difference, but maybe I'm missing something.

I know whiskey doesn't solve all problems, but neither does milk.

In the interest of disclosure, usually my daughter brings her arm down and doesn't slap, but occasionally it pops and she survives.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I have not seen any results from glove slappers or good pitchers who slap, and yes we would change the glove slapper to make her better no matter what, and it would not affect her negatively. When that tension is gone, they feel more fluid, less tired, and they feel less pain. So believe what you want. You are not players, but bystanders. It is not men's or daddy fastpitch in HS, is it? Are you pitchers (my assistant is)? Feeling left out?

What research do I need? I have had great pitchers and they did not slap, grunt, or do other lazy things. Those adults who whine about this don't fix those things because they are not pitchers and will never understand it from the player's perspective. I sit close at baseball games and have never heard a pitcher grunt or slap and even at softball, the number is close to zilch at higher levels.

I don't have a PE degree. I could care less whether I keep my coaching job; I lose money from my real job doing it. I tell them every year they can replace me.

PS. You can cook your "data" when kids are changing something because while some things click right away, others take time to dial in. So have fun in the status quo. I find this whole thing embarrassing for the pitcher who does it and the coaches who do not stop it, just like tennis.

It ain't just me, but Cindy Bristow who is against it.

Okay, your post made me laugh.

r0pcoy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck