HE question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 24, 2015
That is just it, it is just a name and it does not matter. When I talk about pitching I really only use the term good and bad mechanics. You are the one that said they are equivalent style choices and you should "pick one and stick with it". but then cannot provide video of anyone pitching with this "other" style you mentioned.

The bottom line is that everything you have posted is BS and when confronted with it you had two choices. Go down with the ship and show that you are just trolling or throw out a mea culpa and show that you are a legitimate poster trying to learn. You did as expected OILF and went down with the ship. You should really just stick to one username and try to make sense once in a while.

You being intimidated by your way of thinking being challenged does not make what I say BS. It makes you weak. Anyone that wishes to grow is ALWAYS open to differences of opinion. Your clandestine approach to force-feeding IR down peoples throats makes it obvious that you are not someone that has the best interest of the sport at hand and cannot be trusted to provide a reasonable response. You by no means are a subject matter expert and that is painfully obvious.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
You being intimidated by your way of thinking being challenged does not make what I say BS. It makes you weak. Anyone that wishes to grow is ALWAYS open to differences of opinion. Your clandestine approach to force-feeding IR down peoples throats makes it obvious that you are not someone that has the best interest of the sport at hand and cannot be trusted to provide a reasonable response. You by no means are a subject matter expert and that is painfully obvious.

what? I don't care what it is called, the person responsible for it being called I/R has said repeatedly that he did not invent the mechanics, just gave it a name and a context for teaching it. Not one single high level pitcher or pitching instructor teaches this BS and yet you think it is somehow equivalent? I could care less if someone came on this board tomorrow and told me everything I thought i knew was wrong if they could provide a coherent explanation as to why it is wrong. The problem I have with you is that you are spouting off without a single shred of video evidence and you are saying that I/R and HE are equivalent styles that can be chosen from like they are simply different brands of toilet paper. This is not the case and can misinform people who might actually care about how they develop their kids. So please, lets stop the argument and if you have a single example of a video showing a high level pitcher using HE then post it, and if you don't then please explain why you cannot substantiate what you are saying.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I'm still waiting on that game clip of Jenny using HE. I think I may be waiting some time. But if you can show it to me, I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong about the way she throws. Though I've now produced 2 clips already showing her using just I/R.

May 12, 2014
Thanks for the great feedback everyone. I honestly didn't know why HE was considered bad. I never really thought about it. What is the recommended follow through? Just whatever the arm naturally does?

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I thought everyone knew that HE died years ago. RIP

Funny thing is, there are a lot of people around here who didn't see the obituary, thus think its still alive.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest

I am interested in your side G.

can you please show me a video clip of a college pitcher with HE?

I am told that the difference in HE and IR, is the difference between 50mph, and 65MPH.

Can I challenge you G? I am not by nature a very trusting person, and heresay is not my thing, so, I try things out for myself.
So, can you try something?

Can you try throwing with IR, and HE? its not that hard. you see will see that one is a throw, and one is a push. One is faster, on is not.

Please try it.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Thanks for the great feedback everyone. I honestly didn't know why HE was considered bad. I never really thought about it. What is the recommended follow through? Just whatever the arm naturally does?

the recommended follow through is to just let it happen and not force anything. Then based on the natural follow through you can use it to troubleshoot upstream actions that matter. If she is pitching with good mechanics you will see an immediate transfer to a frenchman's kiss palm down position but it will pass through this and the hand will kind of naturally flop a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG