HE question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2014
I can't see how HE is the safest way to pitch when IR encourages a more natural finish, IMO. Ask someone who never pitched before to do so, what do their mechanics most closely resemble?

Jan 23, 2014
Lol @ someone who runs a "Fastpitch academy" advocating the way they teach as the safest. Safest in relation to what? A natural finish?

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2015
I can't see how HE is the safest way to pitch when IR encourages a more natural finish, IMO. Ask someone who never pitched before to do so, what do their mechanics most closely resemble?

When you say "more natural finish" what are you basing that on. Kinesthesia or are you just re-stating something you have heard?

Apr 24, 2015
Saying HE and IR are stylistic choices and are on equal footing is like saying a Ferrari and a Gremlin are equivalent cars that just differ on style.

I believe too much energy is spent on this... although here I am discussing it.

What this comes down to is "how do you throw your fastball". Jennie Finch (the most succeessful pitcher EVER) throws her fastball and drop with HE. The rest of her pitches can not be thrown that way as it is impossible to achieve curve, or screw spin with crossing over. As for the riseball, see the riseball discussions.

The reason this discussion is in my opinion worthless is that the fastball is thrown so infrequently whether or not you IR or HE wont impact your overall performance.

Nov 7, 2014

What this comes down to is "how do you throw your fastball". Jennie Finch (the most succeessful pitcher EVER) throws her fastball and drop with HE. The rest of her pitches can not be thrown that way as it is impossible to achieve curve, or screw spin with crossing over. As for the riseball, see the riseball discussions.

The reason this discussion is in my opinion worthless is that the fastball is thrown so infrequently whether or not you IR or HE wont impact your overall performance.

no she does not She forces a HE finish but throws it with IR ...

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal

Could you please show me where in this drop ball by Jenny she demonstrates the HE finish? I'm curious.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location

No she does not...her delivery is the same as all the great ones. IR....just because she says she does something does not mean she does it....I go back to the request for a clip of a high level HE delivery. No one has ever produced one, and yet there are 1000s of clips of I/R why is that?

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location

You sound so much like OILF it is scary.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06