Good proof to wear a mask, Pitchers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2012
die thread....die....

Not till I get my say in!!! lol

My kid try to snatch a line drive up the middle like a golden retriever. Fractured jaw in 2 places and chin full of stitches. Oh yeah, 8 weeks of mouth banded shut. I went out bought a mask, told her to wear it. Two pitches in the first game back it comes flying into the dugout. My wife goes nuts, "make her wear it!". She is making big girl decisions by choosing which college to go to then she can make the big girl decision to not wear the mask. I am not opposed to masks, if they want to wear one then put it on. I don't think it should make a difference in recruiting a kid. But if you're gonna make the case that "if it saves one kid from getting hurt" then you are opening a can of worms for a million other instances at a ballpark.

Jan 23, 2014
I'm kind of curious to know roughly how fast the pitcher was pitching and also roughly how tall the batter was who was hitting the ball. Just for curiousity sake.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I'm kind of curious to know roughly how fast the pitcher was pitching and also roughly how tall the batter was who was hitting the ball. Just for curiousity sake.

Let me state for the 'record' my DD wears a mask and she is now 17 yrs old.
Do what you want as far as have your DD wear a mask or not.
Watch the video...turn the sound/volume up high....I never wanted to hear this sound from my DD during a game.
I hope the pitcher will be OK. Again JMHO.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
A dent in the mask would mean some of the energy was absorbed, not a bad thing. The crying is hard to listen to but if that was my girl Id be happy to see her jogging to the dugout and hear her crying after taking a hit like that. Without a mask she would have been down for the count.

Im pro-mask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG