Good proof to wear a mask, Pitchers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2012
That makes more sense. I have girls and always used full screen or none at all(no too smart too smart). We also worked with driving almost every pitch up the middle. My only comment on that if it is such a concern for anyone why teach them to hit that way.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2012
The crazy thing about those ads, slingnit, is that they are based on what you are searching for. Maybe you have been searching for trashy 40 year old women with dark spots? :D

Anyway, I wasn't suggesting to keep on running. Just I know a few who would. Lol

I left myself open for that, maybe I need to start wearing a mask! lol

Dec 20, 2012
Did you mention it in an email or social media? Google trolls all of them to determine which ads to spam.

Must be Facebook, all my friends are trashy with dark spots on their face! hahaha I should have nothing but guns and ammo ads running on my screen not State Farm and Zulily(whatever that is) with an occasional Anger Management ad.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
That makes more sense. I have girls and always used full screen or none at all(no too smart too smart). We also worked with driving almost every pitch up the middle. My only comment on that if it is such a concern for anyone why teach them to hit that way.

I teach that because thats how the game is played. The lesson also translates to everyday life. If someone takes a shot at you give them a shot back. Dont let them bully you off the plate.

My DD doesnt pitch but she wears a mask on the infield. During a practice session or two she might take 100 hard ground balls. Depending on field conditions and how much english I put on the balls she could have more than a few nasty hops. I dont want the practice session cut short by a bloody nose or busted mouth. Sure she will heal up quick but why take the risk, mask up.

Dec 20, 2012
I teach that because thats how the game is played. The lesson also translates to everyday life. If someone takes a shot at you give them a shot back. Dont let them bully you off the plate.

My DD doesnt pitch but she wears a mask on the infield. During a practice session or two she might take 100 hard ground balls. Depending on field conditions and how much english I put on the balls she could have more than a few nasty hops. I dont want the practice session cut short by a bloody nose or busted mouth. Sure she will heal up quick but why take the risk, mask up.

I agree, that is how the game is played. Not afraid to go up and in or even behind if deems necessary. lol Where I have problems is with orgs. rules and equipment. Now a bad hop can get anyone, just happens. But the bats are way too hot! A 95 lb, 12 yr old girl taking balls 200 ft plus is ridiculous and allowing 13-14 yr old kids, who lack the necessary skills, to play against grown women is more of a concern to me. Like I said, I'm not anti mask but there are other changes that could be made to minimize injuries of all sorts.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Please no more nanny laws! Teach the children about the risk(s) associated with whatever activity they participate in and more times than not they will make the right decision. When my DD switched from LL to SB she didnt like the mask on the batting helmets. A few weeks ago she was in the cage and the 1 in a million chance came her way, she fouled one off her face mask. I have no idea how she did it but it happened. I was happy she had the mask on, so was she.

Jun 12, 2015
I'm sick to death of nanny laws too. I certainly don't think masks should be required by law. I don't have a problem with coaches requiring them for their own teams though.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
We need more controversy on DFP.

How about:

Confederate flag fielders' masks, marketed by Donald Trump and Caitlyn Jenner?

Sorry. Sometimes it's good to tune out the weirdness in the media and focus on what really matters in life. Our DDs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06