Going rate for a practice catcher?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 14, 2011
My DD is a pitcher and in years past I was always the "bucket dad". Since our schedules have gotten busier I am not available to catch her during her pitching lessons. My DD asked a team mate of hers to catch for her at the lessons. What is the going rate for a team mate to catch during a one hour lesson?

Oct 7, 2014
Upper Midwest
$0. From 8U fastpitch to NFL QBs working on timing with receivers in the offseason, teammates show up to get better. Your DD is helping that catcher work on blocking, receiving, etc at game speed. Win win.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My DD is a pitcher and in years past I was always the "bucket dad". Since our schedules have gotten busier I am not available to catch her during her pitching lessons. My DD asked a team mate of hers to catch for her at the lessons. What is the going rate for a team mate to catch during a one hour lesson?

As 1696 said a teammate is a different situation. I typically charge $10/hr for experienced catchers who add value to the lesson.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hard question, the C should be paying my DD because she will give her a workout.

I would think $20 an hour would be more than fair.

Jan 3, 2014
DD considers it part of being on a team, a catcher, and a leader. She catches a lot of lessons for her teammates. No cost. I think it goes a long way to building chemistry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad