first 10u tourny

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
I like no run limits when it's better teams playing. It's more exciting somehow. For B and C tournaments I really think a run limit is still a good thing in 10U. If nothing else it keeps the game moving along if you end up on a walk-fest.

May 9, 2014
When my DD played 10U we were a C-level TB team. One of the local tournament directors had 10U C-level or "bronze" tournaments with a 3-run limit per inning until the last inning. This was a great format to develop pitchers without getting into one of those 15 run innings that bog everything down. Plus the girls would get excited every time we held the other team to less than their 3 run limit!

Its a balancing act, because hitters want to have turns at bat just like pitchers. 3 runs seems unfair to the batters and baserunners to me. I suppose you get more turns to even it out, but that run limit seems low, it also might limit the chances for both pitchers and defenses to work through a little adversity. To me the traditional 5 or 6 runs per half seems about right for pool play.... in bracket play you need to get 3 outs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse