Fastest pitcher in the world

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2009
Here is what i know from my years of being around BH, USA is the only country in the world that has different rules for men and women's softball. USA allows pitchers to do anything. Bill says this is because the decline of the game has been so rapid that the rules were liberalized to encourage more pitchers to do it. To play internationally, the rules for men/women are identical. And the ISF recently changed the rules to allow hopping for both genders. It probably won't be long until the other organizations update their rules too: ASA, USSSA, etc. The only thing I would say to "Balls" that I would disagree with is, I don't think there is any elite pitcher in the world (male or female) that changes how they pitch based on what they throw. They spin the ball different but the mechanics of how they throw it are the same. BH almost never talks about himself, unless you ask (and even then you get minimal answers) but based off his website info and having seen him at his home league, he's a pretty darn good hitter too. DD and I went to Erie when he and Folkard pitched against each other in the league there. BH was 1-2 off him. I asked him after the game how he could see it, let alone hit it. All he said was that it doesn't matter what the pitcher does, leaps, crow hops, has a funky wind up, etc. the ball still has to cross the plate and if you focus on that, then it just becomes basic hitting.

Strange but true, despite playing on arch-rival teams (and meeting in the world finals in consecutive years) Folkard lives with Bill during the summer. On weekends Folkard goes go his tournament, Bill goes to his. I would imagine they play in the same event often so they probably just go together.

CG

Apr 25, 2010
Those guys are so much fun to watch live. They all have nicknames for each other. Watching them play was how DD learned to cover her mouth to hide her words when someone bangs a hung pitch...lol. It's cool because Bill and his buddies will sit in the stands with young fans between innings to talk about the game and what they see. These guys are a riot. The adult conversations are even educational...lol.

Jul 1, 2013
Here is what i know from my years of being around BH, USA is the only country in the world that has different rules for men and women's softball. USA allows pitchers to do anything. Bill says this is because the decline of the game has been so rapid that the rules were liberalized to encourage more pitchers to do it. To play internationally, the rules for men/women are identical. And the ISF recently changed the rules to allow hopping for both genders. It probably won't be long until the other organizations update their rules too: ASA, USSSA, etc. The only thing I would say to "Balls" that I would disagree with is, I don't think there is any elite pitcher in the world (male or female) that changes how they pitch based on what they throw. They spin the ball different but the mechanics of how they throw it are the same. BH almost never talks about himself, unless you ask (and even then you get minimal answers) but based off his website info and having seen him at his home league, he's a pretty darn good hitter too. DD and I went to Erie when he and Folkard pitched against each other in the league there. BH was 1-2 off him. I asked him after the game how he could see it, let alone hit it. All he said was that it doesn't matter what the pitcher does, leaps, crow hops, has a funky wind up, etc. the ball still has to cross the plate and if you focus on that, then it just becomes basic hitting.

Strange but true, despite playing on arch-rival teams (and meeting in the world finals in consecutive years) Folkard lives with Bill during the summer. On weekends Folkard goes go his tournament, Bill goes to his. I would imagine they play in the same event often so they probably just go together.

CG

I think if you have a good look you will see a complete diferent finish for every type of pitch he throws.

The pitch at the 4:30 mark is his drop and the pitch at 5:00 his rise. Have a look at his curve and his arm cuts accross his body.

There are world class mens pitchers around these parts who throw rise and drop and it is just about indistinguishable from each other. That does not mean they are better than Adam just different.

I also dont think BH and Adam have ever squared off in a world finals series, depending on what you would refer to as a world final series.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff