Deodorant...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

L

linclon

Doesn't sweat excessively. "Just" body odor. I'll monitor her diet more now that you ask, but I can tell you it's nothing out of the norm.

May 18, 2012
Arizona
We have finally figured out what works. My brother is her physician and recommened just applying more often, the prescription-strength deodorant. We have also incorporated wipes for in between games, then a re-application of the deo. Hope she makes it through this tough time in her life soon. Good thing for us though...games are now played in cooler weather. No more 100+ degree AZ weather.

Jun 24, 2011
menomonee falls, wi
Since you brought this back up I figured I would chime in. Does she take any kind of meds
on a regular basis?? I have asthma, and once a year or so when I get really bad I take
Prednisone (steriod) and it helps me breathe a great deal, and I get 5 more yards on my
golf drives lol. However it makes my skin very oily, I gain 5-10 pounds and get bad BO
for a few weeks.

Just a thought if she takes any meds on a regular basis, there may be a link.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Your skin is your bodies #3 digestive system. Body odor is toxins coming through the skin that the digestive system isn't dealing with properly. If it were my dd I would keep a food journal and start cutting different things out of here diet and see what the results are. I would start with cutting back dairy, God made cow's milk to put 500lbs on a calf in a few months. Our systems have a hard time with it. As a former gallon a day drinker of milk, I feel tons better with out it.

The prednizone and other steroids are a great example, your liver has a tough time filtering out the strongs toxins in it and one of the first things that show up is oily skin or acne.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
There was an article I read not too long ago about deoderents/anti-perspirents written by a doctor. I tried to locate it again but I failed. Anyway, the article said that the human body becomes used to a particular brand after approximately 30 days or so and that it becomes much less effective. He strongly suggested alternating brands approximately every month to stay dry and smelling decent. Just some info you might find useful.

Sep 2, 2012
...just re-saw this...keep in mind...what you 'smell' are basically farts from bacteria...cleaner the better...plus puberty causes changes...Cleats dont last long enough for a lot of worry...sun dried, medicated baby powder...3 months and they hit the trash

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
...just re-saw this...keep in mind...what you 'smell' are basically farts from bacteria...cleaner the better...plus puberty causes changes...Cleats dont last long enough for a lot of worry...sun dried, medicated baby powder...3 months and they hit the trash

Have you found relief... ???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207