Critique / Help Series of Swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2013
See ya Teacherman! I am done, and Tommy Robertson is right. This isn't debate, it is a nursery.

DFP is not a nursery. Neither is it a place where someone should be calling people incorrect without providing supporting details.

R

RayR

I have tried all of the stuff you have been talking about....attaining positions, turning the box, releasing the bat head late....it doesn't work to extent that I believe high level mechanics do....the only way you even remotely match the positions you keep using as examples is by learning to turn the barrel early and in the correct way....the lower body drills such as SnF help train the body to get into a position that once you launch the barrel everything just flows....early bat speed with adjustibility...

And now that Knight and daughter have gotten a small taste of what these drills and swing thoughts can do and have posted an incredible improvement in as little as under a week I find it incredibly arrogant of you to try and discredit me using bogus assertions about what I have said....

Man up and admit that you have either misunderstood everything in this thread or have intentionally distorted things to save face....it is either one or the other...

Did you start the thread MTS? If not, then it isn't your thread. Why are you so arrogant to think this is your territory? So you should be able to post, and no one should disagree with you? Well what if you are wrong?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
What's really sad is the fact that a Dad and his DD have put themselves out here on the internet to get help, and way too many of you somehow make it about YOU and not about helping the OP and his DD. Please stop the ridiculous arguements within a thread created by someone asking for help. If you wanna argue go to the technical board and start your own thread.....
Now please refocus on the OP and remove your egos. Remember, this website has a GREAT opportunity for everyone to learn and share....

Tommy don't mean to start a debate with anyone else, but the OP did get good help and his dd has made amazing progress. If someone takes the time, there is a lot of good info in these debates.

Now my point...since I have been in almost everyone of these long drawn out debates I will say a few things. As I have said before everyone of them has started by someone attacking me...mts...ffs (who was trapped into being banned)...hyp, and some others while we are trying to help parents with there kids. Go back and look through them and see. There are people out there making a profit off selling hitting advice. Instead of being willing to change with new info coming out and looking to see if what they are selling matches the fairly new technology of high speed video, they will do everything they can to snuff out the discussion of what is really happening. Send people to attack, or do the attacking themselves. Not debate, for that would take listening to the other side, but attack and snuff. Go back and look...check out some threads I have started that someone all of a sudden "breaks a rule" wink wink...thread locked! Info stream shut down!
I think hitting advice...help...coaching... is a need and have no problem with people making money from it, but it should be about getting the student the best training possible, or at least consider what the best hitters in the world do and why. Discuss it, don't snuff it.
Now Steve called me nasty, and others have said similar, but as I said I have never started any of these, have always tried to be helpful to parents, and just put up a motivated defense. A defense to make sure that parents have access to the best info, and that it doesn't get snuffed out.

Oct 25, 2009
What's really sad is the fact that a Dad and his DD have put themselves out here on the internet to get help, and way too many of you somehow make it about YOU and not about helping the OP and his DD. Please stop the ridiculous arguements within a thread created by someone asking for help. If you wanna argue go to the technical board and start your own thread.....
Now please refocus on the OP and remove your egos. Remember, this website has a GREAT opportunity for everyone to learn and share....

I agree! The help given the OP is great, but the other discussion needs its own thread.

Please!!

Feb 3, 2013
I agree! The help given the OP is great, but the other discussion needs its own thread.

Please!!

Phreak, many of us would like to see the signal-to-noise ratio improved. That is why I recommend that when folks state that people are wrong that they have the curtsey to describe why.

Jun 18, 2010
As the OP'er, thank you all for the feedback and interest in my DD's swing. I have been around DFP long enough to know how a technical hitting thread can go.... I also believe that some of the best information rises to the top when peoples ideas are challenged and those ideas are either proven or dis-proven with hard evidence.

When parents ask for advice on a public forum it is up to them to filter that advice for their kids. I personally don't take any one person's advice lock stock without doing some research and trying it out (if possible) myself (that's what brought many of us here in the first place). We may even pick and chose what to work on or implement from those in different hitting camps... How many times do you read where folks are trying to say the same thing, but cannot agree on the word smithing or terminology?

We go to a nearby "yard house" where many hitting lessons and pitching lessons are given. On a weekly basis, I witness first hand instruction that that would make you shake your head. Parents buying in fully to what their children are being coached without challenging any of it.... I hear "take the knob to the ball", and "swing level" regularly. A couple years ago, my DS had a baseball coach that actually used the verbal queue "Squish the Bug" with his players. I few weeks ago DD had a lesson with a former D1 pitcher who actually helped her team get to the WCWS but taught close mechanics, pitch around the hip, HE. She was very nice, but I knew after the first lesson it wasn't going to work because of what I have learned here.

After all is said and done, I would much rather wade through the information provided on DFP which is challenged, and debated, and draw my own conclusion based on the evidence than blindly trust some of the coaching in my area.

Last edited:

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Well, with the OP fully open to swimming through the mud I would like to recant my post and in the immortal words of Michael Buffer and the lyrics from Volbeat's A Warrior's Call.... LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!! ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32