Correct Ball Release???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Was wondering if the ball is coming off at the correct spot of the hand? Not trying to put any type spin or throw a specific pitch.....just a "fastball".

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
She needs to get the ball as far from her palm as possible. It looks to me like the ball is too far back in her palm.

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Inde, yes.....the spin looks like the "gear" turning on one of Boardmembers posts regarding IR.

Sluggers, thanks. She says it feels like the ball is going to slip out of her hand if she only holds it with her fingertips. I really havent pushed it on her because her hands really havent started to grow yet. I appreciate the insight though.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes. The release is correct. Is she able to grip the ball in her finger tips for an overhand throw? It is no different than that.

Carly

Pitching Coach
May 4, 2012
Pittsburgh
Inde, yes.....the spin looks like the "gear" turning on one of Boardmembers posts regarding IR.

Sluggers, thanks. She says it feels like the ball is going to slip out of her hand if she only holds it with her fingertips. I really havent pushed it on her because her hands really havent started to grow yet. I appreciate the insight though.

If she's uncomfortable she can do arm isolation drills with a smaller ball to get a feel for the fingertip grip, it might make her more comfortable with it in general. Looks good though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan