Comments Please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
When Williams’ spoke of getting to contact with an unbroken wrists … this is what he was talking about … another way to think of hitting the inside seam.
My son will tell me he can really feel it cranking. Which to me translates into explosiveness.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
When you put competing priorities on the hands (turning the barrel with the top hand, while also trying to hit the inside seam of the ball), good things will happen.

Yes, agree

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Yes, agree
Thanks. That's really all I'm saying. For years the pendulum had swung so far in the direction of "just turn the barrel at GO". For the OP's DD, that's kinda what I'm seeing based on my experience.

Feb 14, 2010
There's a TON of great information in this thread to help anyone out.

RHC I think you are one of the good posters on tees sites and I absolutely agree 100% about not letting the hands drift ahead, the HPP needs to immediate but the hands can't be tied to the shoulder either IMO. If you look at video it certainly looks like they are but I don't feel that when I swing. My hands are activated and the shoulders go where my hands tell them. I tell my kids to take the shoulders out of the equation.

I'm just speaking from mine and Brooke's experiences. I've always maintained that. Brooke's swing has been built from several different ideas. I know the truth behind the HLS is out there but I also know unless people decipher through all the crap you will never find. Way to many people beating the drum of their own teachings. Personally I respect the hell out anyone that's willing to put their info out there but it's up to each and every individual to see what works for them.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Reading that old thread got me waxing nostalgic... There was some input from some of my old favorite forumers (HYP and LClifton).