Comments Please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2012
Thomaston,GA
Please comment on swing. Wondering if rear hip action is noticeably out of sequence or non existent.

Specifically wondering why she is short through. Is this a product of other mechanical issues or can you correct this by focusing on being long through. My windows movie maker wouldn't make slow mo video clip for me tonight for some reason.

Thanks for your comments

Mayna 2 - YouTube

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Good eye. See what you mean. If you can pause at contact it looks like her hands are already to the ride side of her body. If I get up some energy here I will gif and slow it down. I would work a bit on swinging from behind to out front, not so much around. Also she might be a bit top hand aggressive bottom hand slack.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
mayna_zps23a2236c.gif

From the side would be a good view to see for sure, but it looks like her front leg independently opens without any rear hip/leg action.

Her right elbow is stuck to her side.

dam photobucket!

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
The one thing I see is straightening the front leg to early. That would come from a stomp.
Step out softer with a flexed front knee.
Let the back inner leg be in charge more of stepping out. This will create a better weight shift through ball.

SL

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Maybe she has some pre set agendas?
Probably right. Do you think the "unloading" of the hands instead of the "loading" of the hands at GO, have an impact on a centripetal/centripetal vs. centripetal/centrifugal hand-path?

Mayna.gif

I do. I think the unloading of the hands at GO, causes the rear arm/elbow to seek support and post up against the body, which creates a stall in the hands. So the hands unload on the ball, with no directional release, thus following the body around, which creates what you are seeing in the right arm's finish.

btw, her rear shoulder looks to be in charge of delivering her hands here. Just saying... To me, the hands should be in charge and the shoulders and other anatomical body parts should be in support of. IOW's her hands are only performing one of the 2 primary functions. Turning the barrel and getting to the proper location on time.

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Hammy is "loading" the barrel around the corner. He is also getting the handle to the proper release location. No posting up, no stall. A centripetal to centrifugal (rotational/linear) hand-path.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Probably right. Do you think the "unloading" of the hands instead of the "loading" of the hands at GO, have an impact on a centripetal/centripetal vs. centripetal/centrifugal hand-path?

Mayna.gif

I do. I think the unloading of the hands at GO, causes the rear arm/elbow to seek support and post up against the body, which creates a stall in the hands. So the hands unload on the ball, with no directional release, thus following the body around, which creates what you are seeing in the right arm's finish.
btw, her rear shoulder looks to be in charge of delivering her hands here. Just saying... To me, the hands should be in charge and the shoulders and other anatomical body parts should be in support of. IOW's her hands are only performing one of the 2 primary functions. Turning the barrel and getting to the proper location on time.

Bold above^^^^ Spot on with 'hands following the body around.
her rear shoulder looks to be in charge of delivering her hands here. AHA moment right there.