Combat Wanted G3...RT/RF Replacement?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Looks like we were typing at the same time! Looks like we are both hoping for that "old Stealth" performance, prob not gonna happen tho, lol. I'm seeing the white and purple Stealths with new USSSA stamps pretty regularly around here. I'd grab those if I could find one at non-eBay money.

DD has never liked an Easton product. I have her try each new model as they come out and she swings them a few times and then says nope. Now this bat, I honestly think after another 150-200 good hits on it will be comparable to the older Stealths/Synergys. I guess we'll see this afternoon;)

Jun 24, 2011
Interested on an update if this bat is still in the mix, yocoach.

Just got one off of eBay for a ridiculously low price as a backup/alternative to DD's Xeno with the separating endcap. We've incorporated it into the daily tee work, and it's got pretty good pop for only roughly fifty hits on it.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Interested on an update if this bat is still in the mix, yocoach.

Just got one off of eBay for a ridiculously low price as a backup/alternative to DD's Xeno with the separating endcap. We've incorporated it into the daily tee work, and it's got pretty good pop for only roughly fifty hits on it.

The wanted now has approximately 4500 solid hits on it...mostly put on by me. Although DD doesn't use it in games, it outhits her Mizuno and the RT she carries. She pretty much takes it out for the old test drive about once a month since she can swing the daylights out of it and the ball just explodes off the bat. Why she won't use it as a game bat is beyond me but I believe it has to do with the initial lack of pop straight out of the wrapper and she struck out with it quite a bit while in a slump so she lacks confidence in it. This thing is a tank and still has plenty of life on it even with the number of hits it has. I just wish DD would switch to it but you know how it is with girls and their bats;)

Last edited:

Jun 24, 2011
The wanted now has approximately 4500 solid hits on it...mostly put on by me. Although DD doesn't use it in games, it outhits her Mizuno and the RT she carries. She pretty much takes it out for the old test drive about once a month since she can swing the daylights out of it and the ball just explodes off the bat. Why she won't use it as a game bat is beyond me but I believe it has to do with the initial lack of pop straight out of the wrapper and she dtruck out with it quite a bit while in a slump so she lacks confidence in it. This thing is a tank and still has plenty of life on it even with the number of hits it has. I just wish DD would switch to it but you know how it is with girls and their bats;)
Thanks for the feedback. DD used an Avaritia for about nine months and hit bombs with it but outgrew it. She likes the way it hits but says it sounds "dull," lol, meaning it doesn't have the broken glass Xeno sound she's conditioned to hear.

I do believe there is a certain degree of teenage girl peer approval working against her fully embracing this bat, as no teammate has ever swung a Combat. I like to remind her that she was the first kid in her league to swing a Xeno when they first came out, and the following season many jumped on the bandwagon. "You can be the trendsetter again!"

It's early yet, we'll see how much this bat opens up over the next few months. If nothing else, we got a smoking deal on a cage bat.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Thanks for the feedback. DD used an Avaritia for about nine months and hit bombs with it but outgrew it. She likes the way it hits but says it sounds "dull," lol, meaning it doesn't have the broken glass Xeno sound she's conditioned to hear.

I do believe there is a certain degree of teenage girl peer approval working against her fully embracing this bat, as no teammate has ever swung a Combat. I like to remind her that she was the first kid in her league to swing a Xeno when they first came out, and the following season many jumped on the bandwagon. "You can be the trendsetter again!"

It's early yet, we'll see how much this bat opens up over the next few months. If nothing else, we got a smoking deal on a cage bat.

All I can tell you is once it fully opens up, this thing is hot! It is truly reminiscent of the old Eastons without the hand sting since it's a 2 piece. Unfortunately it opened up a bit late for DD but she loves the times she takes it out to hit. It smokes the ball and again, I wish she would start using it but I beleive the lack of confidence in it is a big issue with her.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I'm actually glad to see some peeps ride this bat out and put some hits on them and see that they do hit with anything.

Again, never gonna be the "flashy" name but a great bang for the buck.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I'm actually glad to see some peeps ride this bat out and put some hits on them and see that they do hit with anything.

Again, never gonna be the "flashy" name but a great bang for the buck.

If I can get DD to switch, which may or may not happen, I would certainly consider this one again and order another from you as a backup which would be used eventually as a game bat once fully broken in. For the price of the bat, it is incomparable unless you look at the high end, big names out there. It will hit with anything out there once fully opened up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00