catcher's mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2016
I highly dought those are the street prices, but I could see $379 - $399. Maybe you will see a mid-year release on an improved L/S Catchers Gear lineup?

It looks like basically the same A2000 as last year with a white back and pocket and an open back instead of the finger hole. The A2000 is $249 without customization right now. Surely it wouldn't go up that much. The custom version this year is $349.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm sure those are MSRP prices on that A2000 & Xeno/LTX. Just me, but no way would I consider buying either of those....If the A2000 was discounted 20% which I highly doubt it would still be $341.00. I know All-Star uses MAP pricing so the CMW3000 is going to be around $170.00 everywhere, maybe you could get lucky and find it cheaper somewhere? If I remember correctly I think #10 got his DD one that was pretty discounted. I paid $169.95 for my 3000.

I'd definitely check with one of the Vinci reps here about one of their mitts, any Vinci, their 22-series, PC-series, or a Kip leather one will be better than either of those pictured above. Sorry Wilson guys, and I love Wilson gloves! Stay with the All-Star, Vinci, or even the new Rawlings/Liberty Advanced and you'll stay below your $200.00 price point. I'm sure that A2000 is a great mitt but take that Xeno/LTX off your list, especially at that ridiculous price!

Jul 17, 2016
Just found a listing for the new black and white version of the Wilson A2000. As I figured, same price as last year at $250. Looks like ballgloves.com has a 10% off coupon that might be usable.

Jul 17, 2016
There it is, in all it's glory!!! That's a lot of glove for $226, even if you don't like white :)

It's weird, it's not up on the Wilson site yet, although a lot of their fielder's gloves in white and black are. I was wondering if the palm was white or not. Looks like probably, as the fielder's gloves have white palms.

EDIT: I was wrong. Softball.com now has them up as well. Black palms:

A20CMSS17.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2016
The new A2000 looks to be popular. Now on back order at softball.com until late October. Not even visible on Wilson's site. (Softball.com says it ships straight from Wilson)

Also, the Rawlings Liberty Advanced 34" is now off their site as well. I assume they're sold out, too. Didn't know these things would sell out so fast, or we would have probably ordered her one to start breaking in over fall in practice. Maybe we need to look at the Vinci some more.

Aug 5, 2016
I bought the Akadema AAR64 for my DD before I read this thread. Original price $125, but with a bunch of discount coupons I found in the internet, end up costing $95, shipping included... I read here that the Akadema has almost no padding and most likely have to be used with an inner glove. When I told that to my DD, she said, "I don't want to use the inner glove". Yes... one of my DD's complaints is the sting she gets with her current mitt (Easton SYFP2000). The Easton do not have a good pocket either.

Hence, I immediately cancelled the Akadema order and went with the Vinci JCV-VM. More expensive at $229 (no shipping included), but was able to find another discount coupon and paid $204 with shipping included. Received it 2 days ago and it was as hard as a rock, but seems to be a very robust mitt, one that I hope last her to her college years (if she plays college). In 2 days, this mitt is breaking in very well. We tested it yesterday with some throwing and my DD didn't drop a single one and didn't feel the sting when I threw the ball hard. I think it will be ready in about two weeks. She is liking this mitt.

Thanks to the forum for allowing us to find the best mitt for my DD's needs. It is good to read the reviews...

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2014
good post, we have decided to go with the vinci JCV 34" mitt as well,
I bought the Akadema AAR64 for my DD before I read this thread. Original price $125, but with a bunch of discount coupons I found in the internet, end up costing $95, shipping included... I read here that the Akadema has almost no padding and most likely have to be used with an inner glove. When I told that to my DD, she said, "I don't want to use the inner glove". Yes... one of my DD's complaints is the sting she gets with her current mitt (Easton SYFP2000). The Easton do not have a good pocket either.

Hence, I immediately cancelled the Akadema order and went with the Vinci JCV-VM. More expensive at $229 (no shipping included), but was able to find another discount coupon and paid $204 with shipping included. Received it 2 days ago and it was as hard as a rock, but seems to be a very robust mitt, one that I hope last her to her college years (if she plays college). In 2 days, this mitt is breaking in very well. We tested it yesterday with some throwing and my DD didn't drop a single one and didn't feel the sting when I threw the ball hard. I think it will be ready in about two weeks. She is liking this mitt.

Thanks to the forum for allowing us to find the best mitt for my DD's needs. It is good to read the reviews...

Aug 5, 2016
good post, we have decided to go with the vinci JCV 34" mitt as well,

If you order from vincipro.com, use discount code AC01. I just tried it and it still works. It is a $34.35 discount on the JCV 34.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
If you order from vincipro.com, use discount code AC01. I just tried it and it still works. It is a $34.35 discount on the JCV 34.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you contact DFP'er Drakemir, you might be able to do even better than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01