catcher's mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2016
Worth LA is LHT only at baseballmonkey, too.

I looked there and everywhere I could think of, and only LHT's on the internet for me.

It's really not that much that much worse price wise for the Rawlings LA for this year (not really sure about all white and how it will look after playing a bit). You can find it for $150~. Then they have the closed web Heart of the Hide version for $250 list. I assume higher quality leather, and the description mentions something about the "Dual Core™ break point layer has position-specific break points that enable to the glove to close naturally..". You can see the break in the right of the picture where looking at the palm of the glove.

As for the Vinci, we bought her Vinci fielding glove from the rep for our area off of FB, and he did some break in work and shipped it to us to try out, with the understanding we could return it if she hated it. So we could go that route again I suppose. It would be nice to be able to walk in somewhere and try one, though.

And #10, agree about what they're comfortable with being the right glove. Took us awhile to convince her she needs to get one now to start breaking in, even if she doesn't use it until spring ball. Definitely want something she's sold on so she'll start using it instead of the floppy worn out mitt she's using now. She immediately liked the Wilson A2000 vs the Nokona and SL Janes in the one shop we went to, just need to find some other places to compare, or test some from online.

Dec 19, 2012
New catcher's gear will be under the LS brand. A re-design is in the works. Hopefully, it will incorporate many of the ProMotion features.

That's what I heard. I was wondering if Excel2002 was going to give us a little more. I was trying to bait him.....lol. He know's more than he's letting on..........

My dd's college team is an LS school. Last year her gear and mitt were in her words "horrible". She did like her bat....it was a Xeno.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
That's what I heard. I was wondering if Excel2002 was going to give us a little more. I was trying to bait him.....lol. He know's more than he's letting on..........

My dd's college team is an LS school. Last year her gear and mitt were in her words "horrible". She did like her bat....it was a Xeno.

Yeah. Excel2002 has been giving us partial info for a while. I found someone else to talk to about the situation. Can't trust Excel2002 any more. ;) :p

I agree about the old/current LS gear.

Mar 20, 2015
NW Az
You guys are relentless :eek:) Ok yes there is a new glove coming out that is really nice. New type of leather, but the colors are not exciting me. But that could change in production? Seen the new Rawlings/Liberty Advanced 34" Catchers mitt? Anyways the new L/S gear is re-designed and should be a whole lot better than the previous lineup. Ok is that going to get me back in cahoots with you guys :0)

Jul 9, 2012
You guys are relentless :eek:) Ok yes there is a new glove coming out that is really nice. New type of leather, but the colors are not exciting me. But that could change in production? Seen the new Rawlings/Liberty Advanced 34" Catchers mitt? Anyways the new L/S gear is re-designed and should be a whole lot better than the previous lineup. Ok is that going to get me back in cahoots with you guys :0)

White gloves.....uuuugggghhhhh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi