Catchers Mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Which Vinci mitt would be a good fit for a Dad? If it helps I use an XL glove for golfing.

I was thinking the JCV34 might fit best but it looks like it is out of stock and I can't find it anywhere. Do you have any ideas where I can find one?

Contact chazbz1 or casedawg. Both can hook you up with a Vinci, and recommend the right one to fit your man-paw.

Aug 15, 2014
Chaz, I have conflicting information. I emailed Vinci directly and the sales guy there said the JCV-VM is a 33" mitt, and the JCV34 is a 34" mitt, he also said the 34" mitt only comes in black or black and white.
please help....thanks

Aug 14, 2013
I just ordered the JCV34 from Chaz in custom colors for my DD.

Chaz, I have conflicting information. I emailed Vinci directly and the sales guy there said the JCV-VM is a 33" mitt, and the JCV34 is a 34" mitt, he also said the 34" mitt only comes in black or black and white.
please help....thanks

C.K

Mar 16, 2012
I have been a rep for about a year now and we have tracked some local players to keep up with how their gloves are doing. We worked with a catcher recently who got her red white and black mesh series a year ago and used it every single game last year. (And she caught nearly every single game as well!) Color fading is minimal and the leather is extremely soft and supple. Palm padding is holding up very well to boot! Here's a video snapshots from our session.

View attachment 5436

Daughter got her first one in the spring of 2012 its her practice glove now, needs to be relaced now but is in very good shape . Got her a custom mitt made with optimus leather which she uses in games.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I have yet to see a better internally padded mitt than the Vinci JCV-VM. We had a catcher go through 3 different mitts catching a notoriously hard throwing H/S senior pitcher and would come away with red, sore hands. We let her try out a Vinci with this pitcher and she did not even need a batting glove or other padded glove. She now swears by the Vinci. Great quality leather too. Available in a 33" Dual post H web and a 34" closed web. Colors include all black, tan and black, red white and black, Bordeaux Black and White, or custom build your own. Check them out at Vinci.com

View attachment 4956

View attachment 4957

Are they pretty easy to break in? My DD won't let me replace her old LS because she doesn't want to break in a new mitt...

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
If by "easy" you mean "fast", the answer is "no".

Casedawg had his DD get my DD's glove started and although it took longer to break in fully, my DD started using her new Vinci full time in game situations less than 4 weeks after she got it. Probably would take a little longer to get to that stage for a 14U or younger catcher.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
My daughter has used her Vinci for 18 months now, for travel and HS ball, and it has held up phenomenally well. Zero issues at all, including the mesh. The padding is still in great shape and what Chaz said about the "POP" is definitely true. It's a loud glove and the pitchers love it.

My younger daughter's 34" Nokona BC is significantly larger than the 34" Vinci JVC-VM. Her old Worth Liberty 33" was smaller though. The Vinci fits in between the two very nicely and has far better palm protection than either of the other two. I wouldn't be surprised if the young one is in a Vinci by next year.

My only complaint, and it's a minor one, is that it's hard to keep the mesh clean. She wipes down the glove every week and treats it every couple of months, and the mesh tends to stay pretty dirty. Small price to pay.

Well, I was right about that statement! 12U got her Vinci in May and loves it. Nokona was sold to a pitcher's dad.

Apr 23, 2012
DD has a Nokona buffalo combo and the Nokona buckaroo catchers mit, I've been looking at the Vinci for her but havent been able to get my hands on one for DD to tryout or compare to what she's already using.

I guess my question is what are the selling points on me buying her a Vinci vs staying with what she has?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi