Catchers Mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
We just received our latest shipment which includes Vinci's 34 inch closed web fastpitch catcher's mitts. The 34 inch is available in any configuration the 33 inch is available in. I've been a fan of closed web mitts for a little more "pop" when the pitch hits the glove. :)

1383420_747575255262460_773004762_n.jpg 10003511_747575245262461_721545334_n.jpg

Dec 19, 2012
Do the Vinci catcher mitts only come with mesh finger stalls? Can you get an all-leather catcher's mitt from Vinci? I can't tell from the website.

Aug 8, 2010
Do the Vinci catcher mitts only come with mesh finger stalls? Can you get an all-leather catcher's mitt from Vinci? I can't tell from the website.

The steerhide JCV-22 is all leather. You could get a custom Kip mitt with all leather but the mesh JCV-VM has sheepskin finger stalls. Feels all leather to the hand.

Dec 19, 2012
Thanks Casedawg. A few years ago I bought my dd an Easton Pro Kip leather mitt...model PRO2FP. It was a $300 mitt and it was beautiful. She abused the heck out of it and it barely lasted 2 years.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
The black glove in the photograph is actually a 22 series ordered with a mesh back. I was skeptical about the mesh back at first. But once I had one I loved it.

Dec 19, 2012
I am very skeptical about the mesh. I promised my dd I would buy a custom made glove for her when she plays in college...you know, school colors, embroidered name and number, etc. It will either be a Vinci or Wilson. I will be ordering in a year or so.

May 29, 2012
I am very skeptical about the mesh. I promised my dd I would buy a custom made glove for her when she plays in college...you know, school colors, embroidered name and number, etc. It will either be a Vinci or Wilson. I will be ordering in a year or so.

This is the mitt my dd uses Worth Legit series LFPCMX fastpitch softball leather catchers mitt glove NEW 33" . She loves it and break in pretty fast. The 34" mitt are to big for an older catcher . The worth has a great pocket.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
I just sold one of my catchers a Vinci 34" JCV-VM to replace her Worth Liberty.... (Not sure about the Legit) After a little more than a season she is seeing that it was not holding up well... The limited series leather on the Vinci's holds up well and is maintaining excellent "pop." Our family loved Worth products years ago as they had some great gloves. My daughter's Liberty took months to break in but had the best pop of any glove at that time. Worth changed their leathers and while easier to break in and use, lost most of the "pop" that made them great.

Three factors sold me on becoming a rep and using their products.
  • The consistent quality of their products
  • The "pop" factor... These are loud gloves!
  • The palm protection. I had a H/S senior catching a pitcher throwing in the mid 60's go through 3 other gloves and kept getting her gloved hand bruised. (She even wore an inner glove!) We loaned her a Vinci for two weeks and she refused to give it back. I have yet to find a glove that protects a catcher's hand better.

1969277_10201456740973043_1247485660_n.jpg

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I just sold one of my catchers a Vinci 34" JCV-VM to replace her Worth Liberty.... (Not sure about the Legit) After a little more than a season she is seeing that it was not holding up well... The limited series leather on the Vinci's holds up well and is maintaining excellent "pop." Our family loved Worth products years ago as they had some great gloves. My daughter's Liberty took months to break in but had the best pop of any glove at that time. Worth changed their leathers and while easier to break in and use, lost most of the "pop" that made them great.

Three factors sold me on becoming a rep and using their products.
  • The consistent quality of their products
  • The "pop" factor... These are loud gloves!
  • The palm protection. I had a H/S senior catching a pitcher throwing in the mid 60's go through 3 other gloves and kept getting her gloved hand bruised. (She even wore an inner glove!) We loaned her a Vinci for two weeks and she refused to give it back. I have yet to find a glove that protects a catcher's hand better.

View attachment 5397

This ^^^^^^^^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi