building confidence?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2013
I own Sue Enquist's Mental Toughness Training dvd. We watch that a few times per year. It is a few years old so might be hard to find.
We have watched this series of Enquist videos on youtube, here is part 1 of 5:

And finally in the mental training section on here I have a thread :"Toilets, bricks, fish hooks and pride" That is the title of a book by Brian Cain...the top sports psych in softball and baseball right now. Go to his side...great advice and free podcasts.

Here is a link to his site. A good place to start on there is the blog section...great free articles and podcasts.
Brian Cain Peak Performance

Good luck! It WILL change everything!

i showed the 5 short videos found on youtube to my team friday. it went well. at the very least, all the girls knew the purpose of watching it and came away understanding that confidence plays a major role in the success we will have as a team. i especially liked sue enquists perspective on players controlling what they say or watching "what comes out of their whole" as she put it. its either positive or poison. there is no in between. whether your talking about yourself, a coach, teammate, ump, yada yada yada, you will either speak in a positive/confident manner or a poisonous/defeated manner.

thanks again for the feedback.

Feb 16, 2013
I own Sue Enquist's Mental Toughness Training dvd. We watch that a few times per year. It is a few years old so might be hard to find.
We have watched this series of Enquist videos on youtube, here is part 1 of 5:

And finally in the mental training section on here I have a thread :"Toilets, bricks, fish hooks and pride" That is the title of a book by Brian Cain...the top sports psych in softball and baseball right now. Go to his side...great advice and free podcasts.

Here is a link to his site. A good place to start on there is the blog section...great free articles and podcasts.
Brian Cain Peak Performance

Good luck! It WILL change everything!

i showed the 5 short videos found on youtube to my team friday. it went well. at the very least, all the girls knew the purpose of watching it and came away understanding that confidence plays a major role in the success we will have as a team. i especially liked sue enquists perspective on players controlling what they say or watching "what comes out of their whole" as she put it. its either positive or poison. there is no in between. whether your talking about yourself, a coach, teammate, ump, yada yada yada, you will either speak in a positive/confident manner or a poisonous/defeated manner.

thanks again for the feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad