ASA Coaching Certification

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Last year’s certification is about to expire. Got one last year because I wanted to know what was involved in getting one. Now that I know I am wondering if I should spend the money again this year.

If your League doesn’t require it is there any reason in keeping it up to date every year? Like has been a member since 2011?

Feb 3, 2011
In this area, 1 coach on every All-Star team has to be ASA certified, so usually the head coach springs for it.

There's no 'member since' benefit.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Just curious.

Do you need to show it to anyone before games or have it on open display during the games? Or is it just an administrative thing that is expected to be taken care of by the Team?

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
In my experience, the only time it ever comes up is when you go to an ASA Metro/State tournament or one of the various nationals. No one else has ever asked to see mine, and I've done it for three years.

Feb 3, 2011
No one checks at the field. Administratively, the info is submitted with the coaching roster before the tournament, and the assumption is that you are who you say you are when your team shows up to compete at a tournament or during interleague.

We're all supposed to display our ASA cards when on the field for any All-Star or interleague play, though. Almost all the head coaches generally comply with this and a fair number of the assistants do. It shows that we're all carrying ASA insurance.

Sep 21, 2011
For our local ASA league season, one coach is required to be ASA certified and must display the card at games. At tournaments, we are often required to wear the cards while on the field.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma