Amanda describes her follow through

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
Just say it Amanda.......SAY THE WORDS..........I-N-T-E-R-N-A-L R-O-T-A-T-I-O-N...........Then, and ONLY THEN will you be "Certified"........:cool:

Really wouldn't that be great! it is odd that these other PC's (more well known in mainstream) seem to avoid the term Internal Rotation. I remember when we first came to our PC she directed us to this site, in particular your sticky BM, and told us we would be learning "Internal Rotation", and that I should read all I could and do your drills, she also let us know that it's quite different then what we are used to, I think my exact words were "good, what we're used to isn't working"

She also warned us we would meet many people/coaches that did not agree with this type of pitching (true) and that if they had questions they could ask her. Mostly I just direct them to the forum and ask them if they would like to come to a lesson, so far not one coach has taken that offer.

It's weird to me that these people wouldn't want to learn more about the craft that they have chosen to be such a big part of their lives?

I hate tacos- said no Juan anywhere

Jan 23, 2014
My daughter is getting kind of sick of me telling her to look at what Amanda just posted:) But her posts and this website have helped us until we could finally get to a pitching coach who knows what we know. DD had her first lesson with her new coach who is regarded as one of the best around by the people who know, and he said that when he gets a new student he usually has to take time to change their mechanics but with her he'll just help her make her fastball and change up better and he thinks she is ready to learn another pitch. So, thank you all!

Jun 18, 2010
Amanda's Facebook post:

Your drag leg FINISHES through your snap!!

- drag shoe laces down

- back knee drag drives THROUGH your snap

- back knee drives to front knee

- dragging through the whole way means TALLER posture at the end

amanda_back_leg_zpsiljcitkg.gif

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
But Jennie Finch sez....:)

but Jennie Finch does.....

We were at a camp this past weekend where Dr. Werner (of Jennie and Doug Finch fame) was the pitching guru. She wanted DD to do HE in the drills. Very tough situation to resist with many college coaches watching. Do you resist and get labeled uncoachable? Do you just go along to get along and hope it doesn't affect your regular mechanics? DD selected the second option and did well without any lasting mechanics issues.

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
I am so confused now....help! The first clip and last clip look very different to me....

Apr 12, 2015
I am so confused now....help! The first clip and last clip look very different to me....

They are different. The first is concentrating on the upper half, the second on the lower half. Amanda's regular follow through when pitching at full speed looks more like the first clip, especially the faux HE finish.

Jun 18, 2010

Sorry for the confusion, I just lumped that new clip in with this thread. DNeeld is correct they are different clips, the first demonstrating the arm release, the second her lower half.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06