You know youre a softball parent when...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2022
My DW had a spontaneous coronary artery dissection a year after my oldest was born so she goes to a cardiologist once a year now. She is in good shape and only 46 so she knows the feeling of feeling out of place at a cardiologist's office..

I was sitting there thinking how crappy it is to get medical care at all these days. Makes me want to be healthier just to potentially avoid the hassle. My MIL is on 14 different meds for a host of ailments and its like a part time job for my wife to keep track, deal with pharmacies, appointments for cardiologist, endocrinologist, GP, etc. Had two last week and three more next month. It's crazy. And God forbid a person have to go to an ER

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I'd have Rodney Dangerfield's reaction he had in Easy Money when he found out his MIL died in a plane crash...

Jun 8, 2016
Holy crap! Glad she made it through that!
Yeah it wasn't good. It happened on Christmas Day too..She told me something was bothering her..I thought she just ate too much :cautious: It was pretty traumatic for our little 1 year old Marcela..

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My DW had a spontaneous coronary artery dissection a year after my oldest was born so she goes to a cardiologist once a year now. She is in good shape and only 46 so she knows the feeling of feeling out of place at a cardiologist's office..
Yeah, that sounds a little scary! Obviously not a rupture. Is a dissection a leak or a tear, or ballooning?

My FIL died from a ruptured Aortic Aneurysm while driving on a very busy road during morning rush hour, witnesses said he drove through over 100 cars for at least a quarter mile, through a huge intersection and down a pretty big embankment before hitting a tree in a Burger King parking lot. Surgeon said he was dead well before he hit that tree, what a terrible day! Man I miss that goof ball!

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah, that sounds a little scary! Obviously not a rupture. Is a dissection a leak or a tear, or ballooning?

My FIL died from a ruptured Aortic Aneurysm while driving on a very busy road during morning rush hour, witnesses said he drove through over 100 cars for at least a quarter mile, through a huge intersection and down a pretty big embankment before hitting a tree in a Burger King parking lot. Surgeon said he was dead well before he hit that tree, what a terrible day! Man I miss that goof ball!
Tear. When they went in to look at the local hospital they caused another tear. She ended up being transferred to a hospital in Boston.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06