Ximena 10yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
WW

Lead arm pull is a dead end.

No we’re not the same. If you go buy a horse and say their all built the same and enter it in the Kentucky derby, your going to lose big time.

Even at local events I can see when a horse is better, smoother, quicker, graceful and just does the course faster.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Goata teaches the same back chain dominance. When you watch Griffey in his prime and I watched him a ton, he could win the Kentucky derby.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
WW

Lead arm pull is a dead end.

No we’re not the same. If you go buy a horse and say their all built the same and enter it in the Kentucky derby, your going to lose big time.

Even at local events I can see when a horse is better, smoother, quicker, graceful and just does the course faster.

But back arm dump is where it’s at? What do the pros do? One arm drills? Nothing has changed. You just haven’t figured that out yet. You go looking for better things that have never been proven.

We all have the same body parts inside and out!! We are all built the same!! Yes some are more athletic than others. That’s not what I said. Those people usually don’t play sports. A lot of research says if you don’t learn young you lose your ability to learn athletically. So there’s that. But we’re all built the same. Your analogy is poor once again Shawn!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Goata teaches the same back chain dominance. When you watch Griffey in his prime and I watched him a ton, he could win the Kentucky derby.

Yes we know. Only the backside is involved. No frontside. It doesn’t match. It doesn’t work. All the one leggers that post here are all needing advice to hit the ball! Go figure!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Watching old HR derbies. Funny how many 2 time all stars faded away quickly. One that caught my eye Alex Rios. Rocky career.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Keeping the upper thorax stable to stretch against, shoulders.

I think this is more of a stretch against a forward moving core and hips. The shoulders or hands lock onto the torso once it counters or turns back. It’s all counter rotation or inward turn to load. Even the hips. The ‘burst imo is what you speak of. The thorax, shoulders, arms and hands against the core, hips and legs.

What fools a lot of people is the degrees of CR we see. Doesn’t mean it’s not there. Pitch speed, timing and location dictate that. Also ones athleticism helps their stretch. Either smaller or bigger.

I think good BP swings are good to study bc nothing is rushed and you can see what they’re trying to do for the most part w their generic sequence.

1691496931559.gif

Ever notice w most good hitters the hands release or are freed when the chest counters. The last stretch or load before the launch. Some say stay square. I like it to flow more. Gradual or Natural.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA