Xeno -vs- Catalyst

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 16, 2009
Both of these bats this year have the discs inside the barrel. Does anyone have an opinion on the differences. My daughter has a 32x22 xeno and we've got about 5 on the team now. The xeno is really, really good. Just curious about it's sister, the Catalyst...

Jul 26, 2010
Catalyst is a one piece, Xeno is a two piece with the dampener in between. Even though the Xeno is advertised as being balanced, it is slightly end loaded. Maybe the Catalyst is more balanced? Catalyst comes in -12, lightest the Xeno comes in is -10. Catalyst might be the high end choice for the featherweight bats. Other then that, I've no idea.

-W

Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
I just got a 2012 Catalyst bat -12, 31". This is my first composite bat for my U12 softball team. However I found my 2011 Easton Rival (-12.5) is better than the Catalyst in term of pops and lesser stinging. Beside that I found a tiny sticker at the bat handle labelled as made in China. I'm not sure if this a blem/demo bat or a fake bat. Is anyone here know how to differentiate between the original bat vs the blem/fake bat?

Jun 25, 2009
I just got a 30-18 Catalyst from a dealer (last years model), and it had the "made in China" or somewhere besides the US on a little sticker on the bat side of the knob. I just assumed it was like everything else made somewhere besides the US.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1